36

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"I think that's a marvellous idea."

"Klaus!"

"Avelyn!"

I glared at him and huffed in annoyance before crossing my arms and turning my head away, not wanting to look at him. To say that I was clear about my emotions would be one hell of an understatement as I was feeling the mix of all emotions, like a tornado.

I was happy that he decided to bring me here, like I was genuinely happy that he trusted me enough to bring me here and meet her, but at the same time, I was annoyed and angry at him for not warning me before hand about all this, about the fact that he was going to bring me here, so that I could atleast be prepared and have the mini freakout moment before— at home, in the privacy of my room and not here, in the presence of a smiling butt, under the hood of a car.

"She is going to love you." Klaus smiled, putting his hand on my shoulder making me shrug it off.

"Ofcourse she is going to love me, I mean, duh, just look at me."

"And here I thought you were not self obsessed."

"Self obsession is a good thing." I retorted.

"Over self obsession is not." He smirked and I glared at him making him laugh for god knows what reason.

"You glare like a baby."

"Shut up!"

Twenty three minutes and a lot of arguing later, I was standing before the great wall of China— Kidding, it was Klaus' main door, that's a different thing I would have preferred anywhere than here at the moment, but then again I was excited to say the least.

"Ready?" He asked, trying to hide his amusement looking at my frantic state, but failing clearly.

"Not if you keep on laughing at me!" I stomped my foot and he ruffled my hair making me shoot daggers at him.

The least I could do was look presentable before her, but guess Klaus wanted to show me as a mini chimpanzee brought directly from the zoo.

"Okay, okay, I'll stop." Not.

He was clearly enjoying all of this very much and if I wasn't a nervous wreck right now, then I'd have literally beaten him with my shoe.

He opened the door and entered into the home, me following him right after in pure awkwardness. His house was very much similar in size with that of Dante's, but the interior and stuff was way different. It was beautiful to say the least, from the glossy tiles to the royal roof and expensive show pieces, everything was eye-catching and oh, let's not forget those just out of the princess book looking stairs— Everything just added more in increasing my nervousness and anxiety.

"Zoey, come down! I want you to meet someone." Klaus shouted at the top of his lungs.

"Could you be any more louder?" I asked, irritation clear in my tone, to which he just shouted more,

"Zoey!"

"Geez, quiet down." My eyes widened at the sound of an unfamiliar voice and I looked towards the stairs where stood a girl of brown eyes and dirty brown hair in a lavender hoodie and jeans looking absolutely gorgeous, making me look like a hobo.

Her expressions were no different than mine as she stopped in her tracks looking at me in nervousness? Why did she look nervous? I was the one standing against a model looking girl in nothing but an old baggy navy blue t-shirt and faded jeans! I was not kidding when I said I was not feeling it today and hence my lazy outfit.

A minute or two later, or wait, was it more than three minutes? Who cares? Few minutes later, her face broke down into a full blown smile and I couldn't help, but pass her a small smile. She walked towards me and stood before me, putting her hand forward for a hand shake to which, I obviously, obliged.

"Hello." Oh, comeon, even her voice was softer than a wave!

"Hi."

"Any later and we would be standing with white hair and wrinkly skin." Klaus teased her making her pass a fake smile towards him.

"Zoey, meet my friend and Dante's girl, Avelyn Summers, she is eighteen—."

"We are, erm, not actually together." I butted in, trying to clear the air avoiding the blush that was starting to form on my cheeks.

"—ignore her," Klaus said, making me hit his arm and after giving me a not so real glare, he continued looking at me, "and Avelyn, meet my one and only sister, Zoey Michaels, she is twenty."

"You are beautiful." The words left my mouth without my permission, rude, but looking at her smiling at the compliment, I was glad to let those words out.

"Thank you, but you look more beautiful than me."

"Stop lying." I said.

"I am not, trust me I would never have been able to pull that outfit better than yours. I am sure I'd have looked like a hobo." Hmm, same thoughts.

"That's what I thought looking at you!" I could not stop my excitement because it was very rare to meet someone with very similar thoughts as you and I could clearly say she was like my soul sister.

"I told you that you are a lot like her." Klaus said and I nodded my head in agreement with a full blown smile on my face.

"Do you want to watch something? The Vampire Diaries maybe?" My eyes gleamed with happiness hearing at those magical words and my dampened mood instantly turned bright.

Before I could reply, she added with hope, "Please, don't say no. I am just four episodes away from completing my third season."

"Oh my god, yes! I love TVD."

"Finally someone! I requested Klaus so many times, but he would always reject my offer, now I can finally ditch him."

"I feel like I made a very bad decision by introducing you two." He murmured under his breath, but we completely ignored him as we made out way to god knows where Zoey was talking me to watch The Vampire Diaries.

"I am so Team Damon." I said and she jumped in happiness, nodding her head excitedly.

"I know right, he is like the perfect bad vampire!" She gushed.

"And Bonnie is such an amazing best friend." I added.

"I know right!"

And that's how I spent rest of my morning and a few hours of my afternoon, watching TVD and gossiping about the characters, completely unknown as to what was about to happen later.

••••••••

Who's ready for the very dramatic next chapter?