|| T H I R T Y- N I N E ||

Liliana.

That woman, how could she put herself into muddy waters?

It still remained a mystery to me after three days of thinking. Amy was getting worried about my absentmindedness but I always told her I'm fine. Alec seemed to preoccupied about something so I was a little bit thankful and grumpy about that.

But oh well, he's the male lead, he must be meeting with the female lead behind my back.

Now hold that thought, why do I feel like I've tasted a very bitter medicine? Why does my chest feel like it's been punched?

What is happening to me?

Is it-

"Mama!" I was caught off guard when a cry came from Haru. He was sitting on the garden and I didn't notice that he tripped on a rock.

He was crying while his hand carried a bruised on it. I immediately took off and carried him to the estate.

"Amy! Call for the physician!" I was nervous, his tears won't stop and I felt like the biggest failure of a mother.

"Haru don't cry anymore okay? Mama will blow it okay?" I held his little hand and blow to it gently. He was still sniffling but at least he wasn't crying anymore.

"Hayu? Awie?" Fuyu seemed to sense her brother's pain and blow on his hands too.

I didn't realize that I was crying when Haru wiped my tears with his small chubby hands. Fuyu seemed like she will cry but she suck it up and blow air towards my face.

"Mama don wy (cry)"

"Mama isn't crying, I just felt sad" I told her while I caressed her bulging cheeks.

Soon, the doctor immediately prescribe a medical salve to spread on Haru's hands. 

The kids went to sleep after some time and I was still looking absentmindedly at the wall. My head was full of questions about the blood written letter containing Liliana's name but then I realize that I was too busy thinking of it that I had neglected the twins.

Feeling sorry for them, I intend to cook a simple soup and be with them for the whole day.

"Being a mother isn't easy" I sigh then felt an arm encircling my waist. When I look from above, it was the face of my husband.

"I've heard about Haru, is he okay?" I nodded at him as he kissed my forehead lightly.

"I was...busy thinking about things and didn't...didn't notice that haru-"

"It's my fault too, I wasn't there with you and the twins. So don't feel bad, it's not just your fault, it's mine too" his words carried warmth and I immediately felt relieved.

I leaned on his back while he combed my hair gently and soon, I could feel my eyelids dropping and I was soon off to sleep.

...

"Haru, do you want more?" I ask with a vibrant smile as I see the twins munching on their soup.

I was proud to see them eating it with great delish and adding up to the fact that Alec stayed for breakfast and is eating my handmade meal.

This really makes me feel like I'm a full fledged housewife and mother.

"It's delicious" Alec said as I grinned at him.

"Of course it is! It's cooked by me!" I proudly said as I watch the twins clap. Feeling much more giddy I kissed their cheeks and Alec's.

"Mama! Ummy!"

"Ummy!"

The twins took turn on praising me, even though I didn't understand what they're saying and just bits of it, I still feel happy.

"Hey Alec, do you want to go to the market with me? Let's buy food for our dinner today!"

"Maybe next time" his words made me feel a bit disappointed.

"Oh, okay"

"But I'll be eating dinner here" his words gave me a shock and I jumped on my toes.

"Really?" I said with a glistening eye.

"Really" after he confirmed it, I peppered him with kisses and in turn, the twins laughter filled the table.

Ahh, family time is the best.

***
Hi people! Thank you for reading this story! If there are grammatical errors and spellings please let me know, thank you!

Please do VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.

Thank you!