23. Convincing?

This takes place RIGHT after the animation

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

-Also, guys, I realized that there's a plothole. So remember that I said that Varian had cut Rapunzel's hair off? Yeah, then someone reminded me that her hair is unbreakable... Hehe... Welp, not in this fanfiction I guess. Let's just say he cut it off with THE POWER OF ALCHEMY-

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"(Y/n), don't bark if you can't bite."

"Varian." You whispered, brushing your thumb lightly against his cheek as if it could break into a million pieces if you did it rougher. You had just seen the real him. You were sure of that.

Varian sniffed, but his eyes had turned dark again within the blink of an eye. He slapped your hand off of him and straightened his back.

You sighed. "Varian, what're you-"

"Stop." He demanded, raising his finger for a warning. "You have a choice now. Do you want to join me, or do you want to burn in hell like the rest of them?."

You gulped, stepping back. "You really want me to join you? After everything you've done?"

He rolled his eyes. "That took you some time to realize. And don't you think that I'm the one who wants you on our side. It's him, who wants to spare you." He looked at you, and his eyes were nothing but murderous. "If it was up to me, I'll kill you right here and now."

"And Varian is the one stopping you from that?"

"How many times do I have to-"

You grinned, stepping forward. "I knew he was still in there."

He stopped, looking down at you. He clicked his tongue and rose a hand up in the air. Slowly the automatons and the moondogs behind him started coming closer. But before they could get any further, the doors opened wide.

And in came Eugene, Cassandra, Rapunzel, and Andrew. They looked very angry.

But they weren't alone. Each of them were held back by two automatons. 

"Oh, right on time," Varian spoke, turning his head to look at the incoming guests, who were dragged across the floor, and over to you.

"Eugene!" You yelled out for your brother. He stopped struggling in the arms of the metal-bot and looked up with wide eyes.

"(Y/n)!" 

"You're okay!" Rapunzel said, relieved, for a moment forgetting all of her anger.

"Oh, well, isn't this touching," Varian said ironically, rolling his eyes. "Geez, you've only been apart for an hour or something. This isn't a happy family reunion, you know. Drop the fucking act."

The automatons had dragged your friends all the way over to you by now. You looked at the observingly, checking if there was any way to break them free. But they still had their chains on. Even if you were able to get them out of the automatons grasps, they would be unable to escape.