THE GIRL

Chapter 13: the girl

• gifs aren't working at the moment, and I'd thought I'd do a double update for not updating in so long :)•

Tee didn't know where Hopper and Joyce were taking her, and she didn't bother to ask, still in an annoyed hump in the back of the car. Hopper and Joyce, both wanted to say something to her, but didn't know what. So opted for silence.

"We're here," Hopper mumbled, at Hess farm, "Tee, do you want to stay in the car?"

"No," she mumbled jumping out, "why a-are we here?" She asked the two as they got out.

"We think the Russians are doing something bad here," Hopper explains as he chucks his cigarette on the floor. He looks over to Tee to see her staring at the house, "you okay?"

"Stop asking me that! I'm fine!" She snaps at him, making him look at her shocked and confused - and angry.

"Young lady, you don't talk to me like that!" He tells her as Joyce rolls her eyes.

"Then s-stop getting on my nerves!" She snaps back.

"Ladies, ladies!" Joyce jokes, "come on, the sooner we're out of here the better."

The two stared at each other for a moment, before looking at Joyce and nodding, heading into the house.

Hopper went in first, gun raised and torch on, Tee followed behind with Joyce close behind her.

For some reason, Tee started to feel dizzy, the power around her overwhelming her abilities as she struggled to walk properly. She didn't tell the two adults, knowing they'd send her back to the car, so she took a deep breath and continued to follow after them, feeling worse and worse by the second.

They walked around the house, seeing a light flash on and off slowly.

"Tee are you doing that?" Hopper asked her, turning to her and seeing how pale she was in the dim light, "are you feeling okay?" He asks her, and she nods, not making eye contact in fear that the fast movement would make her pass out.

They continued walking, the power becoming stronger as they did, until they got to an old bedroom, hearing machinery of some sort.

"Where is that noise coming from?" Hopper asks, looking around the room as tee sits on the bed, trying to stop her vision being blurred.

"It's coming from below us," Joyce told them, her head to the floor. Hopper walked over to her as she looked through the vent, "Tee sweetie get off the bed."

Tee nodded, slowly walking over to her as her and hopper lifted the bed, revealing a secret stairway. The three shared looks as tee wobbled about a bit, before nodding and heading down the stairs slowly.

Upon going down, they heard screws and machinery, and Russians talking. They shared looks as they continued into the large room, hoppers gun still up as Tee felt weaker and weaker by the second.

"Hey dipshits!"  Hopper yelled to two Russian scientists kneeling by a large machine, making them drop what they were doing and stand up, staring at the three in shock, "Hawkins PD, hands in the air!"