•13•

Don't you need to eat breakfast?" My mom asks me.
"No, Toms picking me up soon and we're going to go pick something up on our way to school" I say.
"You've been spending a lot of time with him lately" she comments and I roll my eyes.
"Yeah he's my friend" I say. My friend that I have dirty dreams about. Jesus Christ.
"Okay whatever you say. well I'm headed out to work, have fun" she says and leaves.
Last night I dreamt about Tom again, it's really short dreams but I wake up in a sweat. I don't know why I'm dreaming about him like this, I can only assume it's because working out with him, I get to see him in action, shirtless, sweaty, his muscles flexing over and over..
I snap out of my trance when I hear a car horn. Grabbing my backpack I run out the door and get into the car.
"Mornin sunshine" he smiles.
"Sunshine?" I question.
"Fine no nicknames it is" he says.
"No I like it" I say and he laughs.
We drive to the organic food store to get smoothies for breakfast, then head to school.
"What's the face for?" He asks as he parks the car.
"How can you drink that? It's green" I cringe as I sip my strawberry pineapple smoothie.
"Try it, I promise it's not gross" he says.
"Absolutely not" I shake my head.
"Darling, sunshine, whatever other nickname I give you, I swear on my life it's good." He laughs.
"I'm trusting you.." I sigh, taking the cup.
I take a sip, and smile.
"Yeah it's pretty good" I laugh and he rolls his eyes at me.
"You're a handful"
We walk into the school and I groan.
"I have class with Haz and the devil"
"Just ignore them, come on I'll walk you to class"
Tom walks by my side to Mr. P's class, and the sight I see when I walk in is actually nauseating.
Brook is sitting on Haz's lap, laughing like a fucking donkey.
"Have a good class, I'll see you in math" Tom says.
"Bye" I give him a small smile before he leaves.
"You we're gone yesterday?" Mr. P questions.
"Yeah caught some kind of cold" I shrug.
"If the new meaning for cold is sneaking off to a hotel with Holland then sure. You had a cold" brook laughs, causing everyone's eyes to turn to me.
I take a deep breath, trying not to loose my cool as I sit down.
"What? Got nothing to say now?" She says.
Don't do it Elle, don't do it. You're better than her. You don't need to engage.
"Only big and tough when Haz is on your side huh?"
Hah. Okay. I'm done.
"Brook, let me be real honest with you. I have no problem calling you out on your shit, no matter who's on my side. I'm sorry you're so insecure in yourself that you need others to validate you." I say and her mouth drops. She wasn't expecting me to call her out a second time.
"Haz. Baby, she's saying awful things" she whines.
"Might want to toughen up brook, you'll have to fight your own battles one day" I say, turning my attention to the front of the class, not turning back to them again the whole hour.
__
"I heard you destroyed brook again this morning?" Harry asks.
"What? How'd you hear about that?" I ask, as we sit down at the lunch table.
"Everyone's talking about it" Baylee says.
Haz sits down at our table and everyone looks at him surprised.
"Sure you're allowed to sit here? Your girlfriend might not like that" Harry says and I hold in my laugh.
"It's fine" Haz says.
"It's okay, if she comes over here and gets mad at you Elle will take care of her" Tuwaine says and this time I can't hold in my laugh.
"Speaking of, was this morning really necessary?" Haz asks me.
"Yeah" I nod.
"And why's that?"
"Because she's a bitch." I state.
"Hazzy poo! Get over here!" Haz is summoned to the bitches table.
"Better run, she might bite" I say and he rolls his eyes, getting up and going to her table.
"I bet she's talking to him about matching at prom" Baylee rolls her eyes.
"Prom? When?" I ask.
"A couple months" she says and I mentally groan.
"Great and I have no one to go with" I sigh.
"Umm hello? You've got five options right here?" Harry says and I laugh.
"I can't go with any of you! That's weird!" I say.
"Also, four options. Has everyone forgotten I have a girlfriend?" Sam asks.
"Yes" the boys all say in unison.
"I'll go with you Elle, I look dazzling in a tie" Jacob says.
"Thanks, but I think I'll pass on prom" I shake my head.
"Prom is dumb anyways" Tom says.
"Excuse us for a moment" Baylee says, grabbing my arm and pulling me out of the room.
"Okay I totally forgot, wet dreams about Tom. Go." She says and my eyes widen and I push my hand over her mouth.
"Shhhh" I hush her. "Someone could hear you"
"Did something happen between you guys?" She asks.
"No, it was just dreams" I say.
"Dreams? As in more than one?!" Her mouth drops.
"Yes shhh" I hush her again.
"Oh my god! Fuck him!" She cheers and I face palm.
"Baylee no!" I say.
"Well you obviously want to!"
"No I don't! This conversation is over!" I say, walking back to the lunch room.
I love Baylee, she's the only girl I've managed to befriend here, but holy hell shes trying to encourage me to have sex with Tom? That's the worst idea I've ever heard.