Chapter Nineteen | Loneliness and Solitude

This book is based and inspired by the Originals, with a tinge of the Vampire Diaries. I suggest that you watch the shows to understand some occurrences.

All rights go to The Originals television show on the CW, and Lisa Jane Smith (the author), except the characters and events that are purely of my imagination. PLEASE DO NOT COPY, OR ELSE YOU'LL BE REPORTED.

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IF ANYONE IS COPYING SECTIONS FROM THIS BOOK THAT ARE OF MY INVENTION, PLEASE TAKE ACTION.

(EDITED)

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

The song of the chapter is: Nightingale by Demi Lovato

Somebody speak to me,

Cause I'm feeling like hell,

Need you to answer me,

I'm overwhelmed

I need a voice to echo

I need a light to take me home

I need a star to followI don't know

I never see the forest for the trees

I could really use your melody

Baby I'm a little blind

I think it's time for you to find me

Can you be my nightingale?

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

Oh, by the way, this chapter is a bit more friendship oriented than romance. I just thought that Mel and The Originals needed some 'family time'.

           CHAPTER NINETEEN - LONELINESS AND SOLITUDE

     I TURN THE PAGE LAZILY, tucking my legs under me. The classical music is definitely helping, and for the first time in weeks at New Orleans, I feel tranquil. Of course, the scent of dripping human blood for sure spreads a content, relaxed aroma around the mansion too.

     Rebekah enters the room with some gorgeous heels and stares at the three of us. I have to suppress the urge to laugh. The man who could not know my secret, the man who knew my secret, and the woman who had a secret to hide ― all in the same room, reading.

        "So." Rebekah claps her hands, startling me out of the sentence I was reading. "This is what you do the first time we're back together as a family? Vampire book club?"

        Klaus turns another page of the exhausted and torn looking book. "Reading edifies the mind, sister. Isn't that right, Elijah?" He says smoothly. His older brother, without looking up, nods. "Yes, that's quite right, Niklaus."