Chapter 1

Amelie Davidson was enjoying a good night out with her best friend who she hadn't met in what felt like forever because of her being busy with her bachelor thesis. The pub they were at had different theme nights sometimes and tonight they had Latin music. Amelie loved almost every music genre there ever was and she absolutely loved to dance; she wasn't a professional or something, she just enjoyed dance nights. Though they were just a bit tipsy, the two girls weren't necessarily there to get drunk, they were mostly there to dance and have a good time. A shot now and then would always be welcome though.

Once they took a break they reached the bar and ordered cold, sweet cocktails. As she enjoyed her beverage, Amelie looked around her to see new faces. Of course she wouldn't know anyone, she and her friend, Alexa, had just moved from Arizona to Toronto a few weeks ago needing something fresh, new and challenging.

Looking to her left, she almost chocked on her drink when she saw who was sitting there. Her eyes looked at his long fingers holding a glass of whiskey on rocks, veins putting on a beautiful show on his hand. Her brown eyes wandered further up, admiring his emerald green shirt, sleeves rolled up to his elbows, making visible even more veins. The first three buttons of the shirt were unbuttoned, showing the skin of his neck and a bit of his chest. Amelie's heart felt like jumping out of her chest when she looked at his face and their eyes met. How could it be possible for him to look at her, out of those people?

Every angle of him was absolutely beautiful; his cheekbones so prominent, nose perfect, lips pink, long and a perfect combination between thin and plump. His hair was elegantly messy, the way he'd always have it every time she saw a picture on Instagram or Twitter. He was very handsome, and Amelie wished she could take his pictures in that exact lightning. She almost always had her camera with her, her passion -and hopefully future career- being photography. She had a degree in it, so it had to be her future career.

''Fuck'' she whispered to herself after she realized she had been admiring the Danish actor for too long.

''You ok?'' Alexa asked.

''Don't look now but to the left, at the edge of the bar is Mads fucking Mikkelsen. He caught me staring at him''. Her face felt extremely hot and red.

''Where?'' Amelie's friend looked exactly when she wasn't supposed to. ''Holy shit, it's really him. Woah, he's even sexier in person'' she smiled naughtily. Amelie only hoped to god that Mads didn't notice they were talking about him.

Amelie looked back at him only for their eyes to meet once again. This time the 25 year old didn't look away, and the man smiled charmingly at her, raising his glass and mouthing a ''cheers''. Her heart went crazy again, making her think that she was going to have a heart attack any second. Although she was internally screaming she tried to look normal, so she raised her glass and mouthed ''cheers'' back at Mads.

''Did he just...?'' Alexa said, theatrically shocked.

''He did'' Amelie's cheeks were heated and red, so she turned to her friend so the older actor wouldn't see the effect he had just had on her.

''Oh shit'' Alexa grabbed Amelie's wrist. ''This is my song'' she said excitedly as she dragged Amelie to the dance floor.

They danced and moved their hips and Amelie felt his eyes on her, but she tried to ignore it because it surely wasn't anything. He was definitely looking at someone else on the dance floor, she thought.

Needing fresh air after a while, Amelie went out to take a break as Alexa stayed to dance with a boy she had just met. Alexa was a charmer. Standing against the concrete wall of the building next to the pub, the brown haired girl closed her eyes and breathed in and out, letting her nose fill up with fresh air.

Five minutes later Alexa came out smiling from ear to ear after saying bye to the boy. ''I thought I lost you'' said as she saw Amelie and grabbed her hand. ''He asked me for my number''.

''Good for you, you little slut'' Amelie joked, as they always did. All in all, they were there for the fun too, not only for new jobs.

Amelie kept looking at the entrance door of the pub and wished Mads would come out so she could see him one last time before going home. She knew there was no chance she'd see such an amazing actor ever again unless he'd come back to the pub at the same time again. At the same time she was too shy to just go to him and start talking to him.

''Looking for the cute guy that tried to hit on you or for Mads Mikkelsen?'' Alexa asked Amelie as she raised her eyebrows up and down.

''Oh my god, I forgot about that guy'' Amelie slapped herself jokingly and laughed.

''Oh, so it's the old one you're thinkin' about'' Alexa gave her best friend an elbow nudge.

''It's not every day you see someone known and amazing, is it?'' Amelie said as she took her eyes away from the pub entrance. ''Let's go home, I'm tired''.

''Me too'' the two friends held each other's hand and started walking home, small snowflakes falling down their uncovered heads.

One last time before turning around the corner, Amelie looked back only to see Mads standing in front of the pub.

Turning his head to the right he saw her, the brown haired girl with red lipstick, the one that knew how to dance. It was only a second before she disappeared around the corner, but he stood there and for some reason, smiled to himself.