*- 51 - Then I guess I feel absolutely terrible

FRED'S POV

"Fred, wake up! Visiting hours have started", I heard my mother say as I was slowly waking up. I rubbed my eyes and stretched my legs. Dad had woken up yesterday and I had stayed here all night, just in case. I probably wouldn't have been very useful if something had happened, though, because I had been sound asleep for hours. I even dreamed that Y/N was here and that she told me she loved me. I pushed away that dream. It didn't happen and what she supposedly said was not true.

I walked into the room and greeted my dad, who was looking battered, but healthy. The doctors said that he was going to be okay, which was a relief.

Both Charlie and Bill would arrive later today, so all members of the Weasley family, except for Percy would be together. Percy had cut off all ties with our family at the end of last year and even though it made me sad, it made me more angry. Mum was often sad about it and she didn't deserve that. It had been a while since the whole family had been together, especially since Charlie was in Romania most times, so I was very much looking forward to it.

"I have to pick up Hermione, Harry and Y/N at the station in half an hour, so I can't stay for long, but I wanted to see how my man was doing", mum said, which made me uncomfortable. I had to tell her. I couldn't let Hermione explain why Y/N wasn't at the train station. I hadn't really uninvited her, but I knew she wouldn't be there. Of course she wouldn't be. I felt bad thinking about Y/N having to spend Christmas on her own in Hogwarts. I had my family to fall back on without her, but she had no one. It made my chest ache, as it was all my fault.

"Y/N? She told me she wasn't coming", dad said and I knitted my eyebrows. Y/N said that to him? Did she write him?

"What do you mean?" Mum asked, having no clue.

"She was here last night. She told me she'd be staying at Hogwarts. She didn't really say why." She had visited dad last night? But how did she get here? And why did she do that? I felt anxious and caught George looking at me worryingly. I didn't know how to react. That dream that I had last night, had it been real? Had she really said that to me?

"Fred, what is going on?" mum asked and I knew that I had to tell her now. I had to tell her that we were over.

"Yeah, she's not coming."

"Why not? She told me last week how excited she was! What's going on Fred?" I breathed in and decided to just rip the band-aid off.

"We broke up", I said and sat down in a chair. It was silent for a while. No one knew what to say.

"What do you mean?" Mum asked silently. She sounded shocked, but with an underlying tone of sadness. I closed my eyes and blocked out all emotions. I couldn't deal with this right now.

"Mum, maybe it's best if you go get Hermione and Harry first and you can talk about it later", George said, which I was grateful for. He always knew what to say at the perfect moment. Mum was looking for words, but George kindly guided her outside. I sighed and rubbed my face. These past days had been the absolute worst. It was quiet in the room, as the other two patients were still unconscious and other than that, it was just my dad and I.

"Why did she come here last night?" I asked dad after a while.

"She came to see how I was doing. She seemed concerned." I sighed. I knew that would be the answer and still I wanted to hear it. I wanted to remind myself of how good of a person she really was and how I had messed that up by not telling her about what happened with Aisley.

"What happened, son? I thought you were happy together." We were, really. I often think back to the summer and how completely happy I felt back then.