Strategic warfare.

(Oof... 103 reads? I wasn't expecting that haha.)

---No one's Pov---

About three months have gone by, (Y/n) and Nightmare were both growing closer than ever. Through the nights, (Y/n) would interact with the shadowy being that claimed to be the sinister half of the Guardian while during the day, she would enjoy a book or even a chess match with her friend. Both sides of Nightmare were close to her...

Although, the more monstrous half would stare at (Y/n) at times with a look of longing... He was growing jealous of his dominant half and would sometimes, try to come up with a plan to gain more control. He felt special in a way, he knew how to understand her sign language from the frequent lessons given to him... That was a special thing between both of them. It was something that his opposite didn't have from her.

Despite obtaining time alone with (Y/n) through her dreams, he wanted more than that... He wanted control- he needed control. Sometimes, his emotions would slip out and reach Nightmare, causing a surge of dominance towards (Y/n)... This was easily extinguished but often noticeable to the Guardian. 

Usually when the emotions slipped out, it was when he saw that (Y/n) had some kind of injury, even if she claimed that it was obtained from her 'clumsy nature.' Nightmare would often shrug this off and tell her to be more careful... However, the more sinister version would remain quiet with his growing anger. He was almost certain that she was being hurt by someone.

Nightmare would of kept on dismissing her clumsy nature... until today.

---(Y/n) Pov---

"(Y/n)? Where have you been? Usually, you help me with my homework..." (F/n) began while tapping my shoulder to gain my attention. I turned around to face her while offering a sigh in response to her question. She knows where I've been. "Don't tell me-"

I nodded towards her words while removing my books from my locker, ready to leave. (F/n) was becoming more agitated with my lack of assistance and also disliking how I stopped following her around like a lost puppy. "How could you choose that... that monster over me?! He brings nothing but negativity! Nightmares! Suffering!"

And finally, she snapped. I hated when someone yelled at me, so as a result, I backed away slightly in fear. I wasn't safe at school, the orphanage... even some public areas were dangerous. The only place that I have ever felt comfortable at was the tree of feelings, with Nightmare.

I began to write in my sketch book, but (F/n) slapped it out of my hands before once again yelling. "You know what? I was your only friend here, and you just go to that tree and betray me by hanging out with that Guardian of Negativity? You just stay there and sacrifice my image when I've been asking you to stop going there?!"

By now, a crowd was building up around the both of us, the people that watched were mostly bullies that seemed to be content with the idea of harassing me, or even hurting me once again. I looked towards (F/n) with a pleading expression, however, I was met with her hand slapping across my face.

"Don't look at me with those hopeful eyes of yours! I hope that you get what you deserve!" She shouted. Towards her assault, the surrounding group began to cheer and praise (F/n), looking for more action. Before I could get caught in the middle of a much larger fight, I grabbed my sketch book and made a run for it.

School wasn't safe, the tree of feelings... was the last place that I wanted to go to, but the safest place to be. Nightmare was always keeping me from my own breaking point, there were times that I just wanted to end everything... I didn't want to look at him as a personal protector, nor turn him into one.