Chapter 40 (Rewritten)

(Author's Note: I'm bored so I decided to update. Your welcome.)

Update: 5/28/21- Changes to some scenes. 

Captain watched you closely as everyone else looked at him in surprise. 

"Panic attack?"

"As long as we don't crowd her and allow her to breathe, she'll be okay. Just give her time..." Captain explained. 

You continued to breathe hard as you tried desperately to calm down. That dream...

No, it wasn't a dream. That was real!

What you saw was real. But what was that?

Rod's words repeated in your head. Your head throbbing as you couldn't remember the story he said. 

You were with the royal family? They tried to take your power. You fought back and almost killed them. You stole some powers of the Founding Titan?

But why did those words trigger your bloodlust. 

And what you just did to Eren. You almost did it. 

You almost killed him then and there. You wanted to kill the others. 

Why...? Because it felt...like you needed to?

But why? All of this didn't make sense!

You wanted to remember your forgotten memories just to get answers but doing so would mean remembering something you weren't supposed to. 

You should have never joined the scouts. 

You should have just continued to remain ignorant!

Why! Why did you have to be like this!?

Then, you heard words you wanted desperately to hear. 

"Breathe kid. Just breathe..."

You slowly looked up and saw Captain Levi staring at you. 

You looked back at him fearfully; you backed up a bit. 

No... you still weren't ready. 

He lowered himself to your level, still keeping his distance. 

"Take all the time you need just breathe."

You listened and closed your eyes. You took time breathing, breathing in and out deeply. 

His words were comforting. Familiar almost...

It reminded you of someone. Someone you couldn't remember but you know you met.

You smiled a little as you faintly remembered a face, tears dropping from your cheeks. 

What was this emotion you were feeling? 

You missed this person, yet you don't even remember who they are. 

Finally, you calmed down. Opening your eyes once more. 

Everyone stared at you expectantly, Captain awaiting your next move while the rest just stared in worry. 

They wanted desperately to come to your aid but didn't know when the right time was to do so. 

"You okay now?" Captain asked. 

You nodded, still shaking a bit. 

"I'm okay..." You mouthed. 

"Good, now don't try to move. Your head is injured from the explosion. We're going to get out of here. Just focus on keeping awake." Captain explained.