Chapter 2: Friends?

Soobin was finally on the 4th floor.
He still remembered which way to go and it wasn't to hard to memorize either way because it was just in front of him. Even if he didn't remember, he would've been able to figure out himself.

The door was open but he still knocked.

-"Are you a new trainee?" Someone asked, pointing at Soobin.

-"Yes. My name is Choi Soobin, sir." He answered with a grin on his rosy lips.

The man looked at him, then at the dossier that he had in his hands, that looked like it contained all of the trainees files, and then at Soobin again. -"Yes, you're here *check*. I'm just waiting for a few more to arrive so that we can start, so please just take a sit, somewhere, on the ground."

-"Oh...okay." As Soobin said those words, he felt relieved because, for now, everything was going off as he had planned.

Soobin then decided to look for a place to sit and as he was looking...he, instantly, noticed this boy, who had a sad and cold expression on his face...
He didn't know what was so intriguing about him, but next thing he knew, he was already sitting next to him.

————————————————————————
Soobin's P.O.V.
Why did I sit here? Did my subconscious make me sit here? I don't think I'm able to answer my own question...ughhh.
I don't think he noticed me...he didn't even look up...but why does he look sad?
Maybe I should ask...this could be a good idea if I'm looking to make friends here.

He looks very peaceful though...

...

What? Omg...did I look at him too hard? I don't think he noticed. I probably looked very creepy and that's not the first impression of me I want people to see. That would've been very embarrassing if he saw my face...staring right at him...like that...what's wrong with me..?

Maybe he's just bored like me, so that's why he looks like that.
But either way I should ask, because he could actually be sad about something. Even if that's not the case, I must confess that I'm quite curious to figure out who he is.

Should I introduce myself first or should I just go straight to the question?
Ugh...this is harder than I thought it would be...
I'll just ask him first. I don't want to seem that much friendly...yet.
I know I want at least a friend here but who knows? He could, actually, just be very rude and without the intent of being friendly.
I need to look out for that. I don't want to seem very concerned and, at the same time, I don't want him finding out that my soft spot is my friendliness.

Here it goes.
————————————————————————

-"Are you okay?" Soobin asked the boy.

The boy looked at him for the first time since Soobin had stepped foot in the room.

-"M-Me? Yes. Do I look sad?" The boy answer Soobin's question while grinning at him.

Soobin felt a bit shocked as he wasn't expecting to see his smile. -"N-No...well, yes." Soobin stuttered a little through his shyness. -"Before I sat next to you, I noticed you seemed a bit down, so I just thought to ask you if you were okay."

Soobin started to blush.

The boy noticed Soobin's red cheeks and grinned again.

-"I think you just sat down next to me because you wanted to seem polite...and here I thought you were trying to befriend me...Guess I was wrong." - The boy said with a cocky look and tone.

Soobin blushed even more. -"OH that's not why-" Before he could say anything else, he was interrupted by the boy's words.

-"I'm just joking." The boy said as he noticed the fluster in Soobin's expression.

Soobin looked at him with both surprise and relief.

-"Thank you for your concern thought, but I'm really okay. I was just trying to go for the "serious and professional" look." The boy said laughing.

His words also made Soobin laugh.

-" Ohhh...I get it now." Soobin said as both boys continued laughing.

-"Just a joke actually...I wasn't trying to look anything. I just look like that when I'm waiting for something and I'm left alone with my own thoughts." As the boy said this, Soobin felt the  peacefulness in his face grow as he looked at him.

-"I get it." Soobin said as he looked down.

-"Either way I'm glad I sat down next to you and asked you this. Otherwise we might not have met and that would have been unfortunate...b-because...well...you seem pretty nice..." Soobin blushed a little as he let out those kind words.

Even though, the boy had noticed before, Soobin blushing, he didn't blush himself but, somehow, this time was different as his cheeks turned red, like Soobin's.

The boy couldn't understand why his own face was betraying him, but he didn't seem to mind it at all.

-"You too." The boy rebutted Soobin's words back at him. -"I'm Hyunwook by the way." The boy finally introduced himself to him.

Soobin felt happy knowing his name.

-"I'm Soobin." Soobin said in a shy way.

-"I hope we ca-" Hyunwook's words were cut off by the man with the dossier.

————————————————————————
Hyunwook's P.O.V. (while sitting on the ground, before meeting Soobin)

What if I'm not good enough to debut? Maybe I made a mistake...
I know I passed the auditioning and they looked pleased with my voice and dancing...so maybe I shouldn't be having these thoughts...

Ughh...it's going to be fine. I AM going to be fine.

All this thoughts aren't good for me. I know that if I continue to be this negative I'm only going to bring myself down. And that's definitely something else that I don't need in my life.

I just want to make my mom proud...I'm all she as left...and she's all I have left...

I promised her that even if I'm far away from her, I'll still be the hap-

...

Uh? Who...who is this..?