What An Annoyingly HandSome, Asshole!

I walk along the campus side-walks, squinting harshly up at the sun. I hated how hot LA got. I longed to see snow. I groan, wishing I had taken a cold shower. Why exactly did I think a hot shower would refresh my sweaty ass body?

I turn the corner to the next walk way, looking behind me to check how weirdly quiet it was for mid-morning. Guess too many lectures were going on. Looking overhead I smile seeing a water fountain a few feet in front of me. Rushing forward I reach to click on the fountain when a tall body slides in front of me and takes the fountain. I scoff, taking a step back. What the hell?!

The person seemed to be a man. Or a very bulky and short-haired woman. Their hair was a light brown color. Not very much to go on from the back of their body. When they're done, they stand to their full height and release a content 'ahh.' They turn around and jump, placing a hand over their heart.

Turns out they are a he. And also turns out... he has very blue eyes.

"Hey, didn't see you there." He laughs. His voice. Ok, so it was... nice.

"Oh, you didn't?" I ask him, genuinely confused. He must mistake my look because he breaks eye-contact to look across the empty campus.

"No, uh, didn't think anyone was out here." He answered smoothly. He looks back down at me. I smile at him in return.

"That's actually funny you say that. You wouldn't think you'd miss the only other person out here," I address. He merely shrugs. Asshole. "And we were both going to the water fountain." I add.

"Oh! You want it?" He diverts, moving to the side and giving me a clear view of the fountain. I stifle an eye roll and bend down, taking my fill. I soon stand up, turning to the mystery person to see them divert their eyes to the sky. My jaw drops a little. Did he just..? Whatever. I send him a tight-lipped smile before turning back around and heading on my way.

I possibly get about seven seconds of bliss before it's ruined. Again.

"Hey! Hey, wait!" Mystery guy shouts out. I internally groan and turn around, waiting for him to catch-up. He quickly catches up and easily starts matching my stride. We both walk in silence for about ten seconds this time when he starts talking. Geez, what is wrong with this dude...

"Do I know you? You look familiar." He says slowly. My fists clench around my bag straps.

"I've never seen you before in my life." I brush it off, hoping he lets it go.

"No, no," he says. I see him wag his finger from my peripheral vision. "I know you from somewhere." I can feel his gaze burning into my skull. He's gonna find out.

5...

4...

3...

2...

"O-ho-ho-ho, damn!" He exclaims. Wow. Off by a second. He's faster than I originally thought. "You're that little kid." He points at me. I grab his finger and push it away from my face.

"We were all little kids once, you gotta be more specific." I grumble. He smiles widely.

"You're that ballet kid. The-the- the prodigy! Yeah, that's what they called you." He shook his head, probably proud of himself for figuring out such a hard thing.

"Wow. You do your research." I mutter plainly. He nods in agreement.

We continue walking. He doesn't go away. He doesn't leave for class, he doesn't go to the dorms, he. Doesn't. Leave. I furrow my brows looking over at him.

"Why are you following me?!" I shout at him. Which I don't do, at all! He's just so... annoying! He grins.

"I'm not following you."