3|Fortune telling and Cats

(Y/N) P.O.V.

Lately, there was talk about a fortune teller in town, and everyone was talking about going.

I didn't believe in wasting my money to hear my fortune, so I strayed from those conversations. Instead, I was scouted by Hairo to join the track team. I refused but he insisted. 

In the end, I made a run for it and hid from him after class.

I quickly gathered my things up after school and left. I had decided on stopping by a supermarket for a drink and passed by the so-called, 'House of Fortune-Telling'.

I also saw Kaidou go in, wearing a mask that seemed like a horrible disguise.
So I sat on a nearby bench across the street and took a sip of my drink to observe what would happen.

Then Kaidou happily walked out with a necklace in his hand, and a lady hurriedly ran out and gave him money, "Here keep your money! Everything you said was the truth!!" She ran then back to the fortune-telling house.

He crossed the street and when he was within talking distance, I spoke up.

"Hey, Kaidou, what's that for?"

He seemed taken aback and blushed when he realized it was me.

'My first friend?!'

''O-Oh uh, well...a lucky charm!"

He seemed too surprised he quickly spat out whatever came to mind.
I smiled at him and said, "Ah, ok..."

"Want to be friends?" My mouth seeming y spoke without my permission, and I quickly shut up.

I was still unsure about asking him, but if he was desperate, I was willing to step out of my comfort zone to make a friend.

He blushed and passed out from embarrassment and joy.

"Uh oh-"

I stared at his body and called for help, which came soon after.
He was fine.

But, Saiki had observed the whole thing and knew the reason he passed out was that he had felt his heartbeat at a not-average speed while misunderstanding my words. I had lit the flame of a crush, or should I say crushes, and I remained clueless about that.

The next day~

As usual, I was walking to school and encountered something odd. Saiki was staring at a crack in between two buildings and seemed to be thinking whether to leave or not. Raising my brow I walked over and looked through the crack.

"Oh, a cat."

It was an orange cat with a shocked expression, expecting more of a reaction than that.
Saiki went into thought and decided to pull the cat out by its neck. I pondered about how it had gotten there in the first place, squished between two buildings, halfway up.
Looking at it, I pat its head and left with Saiki, asking him if he preferred cats or dogs.

'I don't really like any animals.'

"Oh, well I can't really decide between cats and dogs. They're both fun to be around. I remember having one of each when I was young."

I smiled thinking back on those memories of my first pets. Well, my first pet was actually a fish but yeah, that didn't last long.

'We had him for din-I mean he died!'

I shook my head to rid of those thoughts and Saiki looked shocked, of course, since he could read my thoughts. He looked away, wondering what to believe.

'I think it's the latter, but I'll go with the fact.'
And we continued to walk to school in silence.

After school, while walking out of a book shop, I ran into Saiki while reading the new book I had gotten. Apparently, he was going to a ramen shop with Nendou and Kaidou, then they ran into Teruhashi who tagged along.