t h i r t y e i g h t

Melissa's POV

"You ready to see daddy, papa" I asked Kylan while strapping him into his car seat

"You ready to see daddy, papa" I asked Kylan while strapping him into his car seat. He smiled once I said the word "daddy" and clapped his hands. "Let's go big boy" I said and rolled his stroller onto the elevator.

**

"Hi, I am here to see James Reynolds" I said as I stood at the front desk of James' rehab facility. Kylan was knocked out from the car ride over, so I made sure he was tucked nice and comfortable. "Name" the lady said sitting behind the computer. "Melissa Granger. I am his fiancée" I said. She nodded and began typing away on the computer then picked up the phone. "You can have a seat over there. Someone will be out to direct you to the visiting area soon" she said. I smiled and walked over to the seating area.

Kylan was starting to wake up and was getting a little fussy. "shh shhh. It's ok momma's baby" I said rubbing his tummy. He quieted down and fell back into his deep slumber. "Melissa" a tall older white woman said walking up to me. "Yes" I said looking up at her. "I'm Dr. Watson, I am James' therapist. I am so glad to finally meet you. I have heard so much about you, I feel like I know you" she joked. I giggled and shook her hand. "Nice to meet you as well" I said. Her eyes traveled down to the stroller. She gasped and smirked. "Is this Kylan" she asked pointing towards the stroller. I nodded and she tried to get a better look. "May I" she asked referring to seeing the baby up close. "Of course" I said and pulled back the top of the car seat revealing my sleeping son.

"Awww. He is so adorable. He looks just like James" she said squeezing her hands together. "Thank you" I smiled. "Well, let's not make him wait any longer. He is so excited that you both are here" she said leading me down a hall. After a few minutes, we finally got to a door that read "visitors room". "Here we are. Have a good one. It was nice meeting you" she said with a genuine smile. I nodded and waved before walking inside.

There I saw my man sitting at table facing away from me and at the view of the city through the window. I quietly walked up to the table and sat down waiting for him to notice me. He slowly turned around and tears gathered at the brim of both of our eyes. We didn't say anything but tightly embraced each other as the tears finally fell. His strong arms wrapped around my small frame and he stuck his face in the crook of my neck as he softly cried. I kissed his forehead and pulled him closer into my body. "Hi" I managed to get out.

"I missed you so much" he whispered before kissing my neck then sitting back in his chair. We wiped our eyes and chuckled at one another. "We look like some babies" he chuckled. I playfully rolled my eyes and finished wiping my tears. He leaned over and grabbed both sides of my head and pecked my lips continuously. The feeling of his lips on mine made me smile as he kissed me. He finally pulled away then stood up to look at Kylan. Pushing the top of the car seat back, James started to get choked up once more. James gently grabbed our son and placed him on his chest. He rubbed his soft curls and kissed the top of his head. A few tears slipped from his eyes as he rocked Kylan in his arms.