Ghosts of the Past

A/N: Okay, so I've gotten enough comments about it, so I think I should address it. Now this may surprise all of you, but when I say this I'm completely serious. You may not believe me. But I make sure I do this whenever I write him.

I don't write Katsuki with a bias.

I may not like him. But I write Bakugou with no bias in mind. People with bias ask me to expel him or punish him harder than I already have, but I refuse to do that. I write Katsuki to have consequences for his actions, as everyone should. No matter the character, they deserve consequences for their actions. Bakugou just so happens to have a lot of actions to have consequences for. I'm trying to write his and Izuku's situation as realistically as I can for a Shonen anime, and have it to be where Bakugou remains a relevant character within the show.

 If I wrote him objectively, it would be purely about my emotions against him. He will not be immediately forgiven, as no one realistically would. Canon Izuku might. But not this version where he's been shown that it's okay to care about himself and how he feels once in awhile. I was told that their fight should've remained the same. That it was a pivotal point in their relationship where they become rivals and Bakugou kinda starts to care about Izuku

...Did you not read my story? 

It was pivotal, and Bakugou did start to care. But not just that. In my version, Bakugou not only starts to care, but his eyes are finally being fucking opened. Relationships like theirs take time, and my treatment of Bakugou has a plan. It's not going to be one fucking fight and then suddenly everyone is cupcakes and rainbows. That's dumb. And yes that's a slap at canon. MHA is my favorite show if not thing of all time. Kohei Horikoshi is my favorite artist and his work has inspired me and helped me through more than anyone knows. But it has things about it I think could be handled better. But I know what I'm doing with Bakugou. In fact, the next chapter will be very special for Bakugou in a good way. I don't say this often, especially about my writing, but with Bakugou I know what I'm doing. Just trust me on this one.

And now, the second thing I've gotten a good handful of comments about. Momo. Not her character or her development. But her involvement. The first thing is people think she's too involved in Izuku and Katsuki's relationship. Here's the thing. Izuku and Momo are loved ones. They are in love, and are protective over the other. Momo had a boy help her with confidence and self deprecation. But then she realized that the same boy that helped her and she fell in love with was also broken. And she found the cause. Katsuki. So what would you (hopefully) do? Be protective and try to help. But when the problem is Katsuki, you try to get the hell away. But Izuku was mentally attached to Katsuki, and still is. So she tried to break it. Momo is supposed to be the audience in this situation. Kinda. But anyway, and are you telling me you wouldn't hate the person that hurt your loved one for years? Momo is trying to create a wedge in between the two for Izuku's health, but those two are too stubborn for even her. So when Izuku said he wants to handle it himself, she finally decides to put her trust in him and stand down unless Izuku becomes attached again. At least, attached in the same way as before.

Now the second thing about Momo. Her involvement in everything. I do think it's a valid point to say she's involved in too many events in Izuku's life. It's a bit forced. But, one she's trying to fix it by splitting up for a bit. And two, they're a new couple. Or at least kind of new. They're attached at the damn hip. Being together is all they want to do. Especially Izuku who has touch starvation and abandonment problems. Separation isn't something he wants. But it's also a pairing fic. Having one of the two main characters suddenly vanish completely from an arc wouldn't make any sense. And again, that's why they're separating for this piece of the story. They need to see how they handle themselves on their own and they can still be heroes alone. They need to see that the other isn't a crutch, but just a helpful partner. And yes, Momo is going to be at the raid, but they're doing their own individual thing. Izuku is definitely going to be entirely dead set on Eri more than absolutely anything. They're going to be apart, but together.