I Do Love You (bob dylan)

You quietly knocked on Bob's dressing room door, as his concert had just finished.

"Who is it?" You heard him reply.

"Me," you said back.

"Come in."

You slowly opened the door and peaked into the room. Bob was alone, putting his guitar back in it's case and harmonica away.

"Great show tonight," you said, closing the door behind you.

"It was alright," he said casually.

You rolled your eyes, a little fed up with Bob's brief replies. But you were even more discouraged about your relationship with Bob. Lately it's been quite uneventful and Bob has been distant.

You sighed and sat down on the couch, tapping your fingers on the arm of it.

"Tell me what's wrong," he said.

You looked up at him. He was still packing his things away, not looking at you. It amazed you that Bob always knew you were in a bad mood.

"Why don't you say you love me?" You blurted out.

"I have told you that Y/N," he said, pulling out a cigarette and lighting it up.

"Once."

You watched him puff out a cloud of smoke and furrow his brows a bit.

"Yeah?" He said.

"Yeah, my point exactly. You've told me you loved me one time. We've been dating for nearly 2 years Bob."

"What? Do you want me to say 'I love you' every day?" He asked.

"Well kind of..." you mumbled.

"Look Y/N," he said, leaning up against the wall, "If I say 'I love you', I mean it. And until you know I don't love you anymore, then know I do."

"Well do you?" You asked, standing up from your seat.

"Of course," he replied.

You walked up to him, "Say it then."

He laughed, "Y/N."

You hung your arms around us neck and looked him in his eyes, "Please?"

He rolled his eyes and grinned, "I love you," he gave in, "And I guess I'll tell you more often to reassure you."

You smiled and gave him a quick kiss, which he returned more tenderly.

"Say it again," you laughed.

"You're pushing it Y/N..." he warned.

"Mr. Dylan?" You urged, batting your eyelashes playfully.

"I love you!" He laughed, "Now that's enough for months! Now let's get home."

-
-
-
Kinda short but I live for Bob. Hes legit my spirit animal because hes a sarcastic son of a bitch, and we're both from Minnesota!!

Bob is my God