9.2 - Roadtrip - Paris

Niall's POV

'Hello, Darling!' I kiss Lucy as soon as she comes in after a long day at work. 'First hour of your long and well deserved week off. What are you planning on doing?'

'Absolutely nothing!' She cheers.

'Wrong!' I yell playfully as I gently push her to the bedroom. 'You're packing your bags.'

'Just because I don't want to do anything? Babe, we can talk through this! You don't have to kick me out!'

'Shut up!!' I chuckle knowing she's just teasing me. 'A while ago Deo surprised his girlfriend with a trip because she's been overworking herself. And I just thought I could do the same with you. Plus I did promise you that I'll show you the world.'

'Aww thank you!! You're so sweet!! But can't we do that tomorrow? I'm exhausted!!'

'We are doing it tomorrow. Train leaves at noon. All you gotta do today is pack your back. Or do you want to leave it to the last minute and live with the anxiety that you'll either miss the train or forget something important here and by the time we get to Paris you'll be so emotionally exhausted that you'd have to spend the day resting in the hotel instead of going to see the Eiffel Tower?'

'I hate that you know me so well.'

'Nahh you love it.'

'Stop reading my mind!!'

'Nop.' I tease her wrapping my arms around her and showering her with kisses all over her face, eventually getting us to fall on the bed, making her laugh.

__

'Where are we going first?' She asks excitedly as soon as we enter our hotel room.

'Don't you want to rest a little first? It was awfully crowded and loud on that train.'

'I'd rather be exploring the big city than being trapped in this hotel room.'

'Fair enough.'

We spend the next few days exploring. It's spring so we naturally spend some time in the most famous parks in this city. We walk around the french streets. She didn't try much of the local food no matter how much I tried to convince her to do so. But it's fine.

On our third day here, I take her to see the Eiffel Tower. There's so much to see here and time runs crazy fast. It took us three days to find the time to get here. But it's worth the wait.

'Here take my jacket. It's chilly up here.'

'I'm fine Niall. I'm not cold.'

'Are you sure?'

'Yess!! Stop worrying about every little thing.'

'Sorry. Okay, but at least close yours.' I say zipping it up ignoring her eye roll.

'Are you done?' She asks and then drags me to the edge of the platform to watch the tower.

The sun is setting, and having been here before I know the lights will go on any minute now. I check the time on my phone.

'Okay, in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...' I count down.