Our home is your home

The witches adapted easily at Sterlingshire castle, and couldn't have been happier. They were given their own rooms, and by their own instistance were assigned daily tasks. They took their work very serious, and enjoyed themselves immensely.

Dora appointed herself the wee one's nanny, and fussed all day long over her. She was a few weeks old, but she walked, talked and ran across Sterlingshire halls as if she owned the place. Dora chased after her happily, already feeling bonded with her, even her mother had to beg Dora for a chance to hold her own child in her arms.

Hilda was in charge of all the witches and their duties, which consisted of helping all the servants with their duties, Maya was put in the kitchen, and Cook wasn't too happy about that! She watched Maya whip up the pastries as quickly as one, two, three, and Cook didn't trust her.

"I make my scones with a touch of cinnamon, and roll them in a triangle shape. Makes it easier to eat, and it tastes better!" Maya bragged.

Cook raised an eye brow, and held the huge wooden spoon tightly in her hand, not trusting herself, because she wanted to whirl it at Maya's head. It would serve her right, she thought miserably. Who did she think she was, coming onto her territory, and taking charge as if it were her kitchen!

Lidia walked in the kitchen, and noticed the two woman eyeing each other, and sighed, "ladies, round up a few extra women for this weekend, you will need the extra help. William and I are throwing a feast for Nessa and Hawk after the wedding ceremony. Be creative and spare no expense!"

"If you want Lidia, I could whip up my magic, and produce any kind of food you want in a matter of seconds." Maya chimed.

"No Maya, that's not how we do things around here, there will be no witchcraft in this castle! We have enough servants on hand, that can do the job just fine." Lidia said with a smile, knowing very well that Maya meant well.

"Just saying that's all." Maya said, as she rolled out another row of dough to make more scones.

Cook narrowed her eyes at Maya, and shook her head. "I'll be on it right away Lady Lidia, I will not disappoint you!" She said, proud of herself for always doing a great job.

Lidia walked out of the kitchen not wanting to be caught in the middle of whatever was going on between the two women, and headed to the room across the hall, where a few servants were sewing Nessa's wedding gown.

"How's it coming along ladies?" Lidia asked, her eyes dropping to the servants lap, as she eyed the white, delicate, lacey gown. "Should I call Nessa to come for a fitting?"

"Do no such thing!" The head seamstress snapped. "The gown will be a good fit, worry not, I want it to be a surprise for her!"

Lidia smiled as she left the servants to finish their job, confident in the head seamstress's talent at sewing.

"Grandma, grandma!" Violet squealed with delight, and wrapped her arms around Lidia knees.

Lidia's eyes brightened with love as she bent over, and lifted the child in her arms.

"Grandma, when is mommy and papa going to be married?" She asked adoringly.

"Papa is going to marry your mama in two days, princess." Hawks deep voice, sounded from behind them, "are you excited?" He asked, and took her into his arms.

Violet nodded, and her thick black curls bounced off her shoulders. She was the spitting image of her mother, but she carried an air about her, even at her tender age, that reeked power and strength, like her father.

"Papa, can I have a gift for your wedding, mayhap a little pony?" She asked, fluttering her long eyes lashes, and melting Hawks heart.

She was even smarter than he thought, Hawk noticed. "No Violet, you are much too young to be riding ponies at this time. Besides we don't have any ponies, and even if we did, it is not your place to be receiving gifts at your mothers and my wedding." He told her gently.

Violet narrowed her eyes, "Can I have one for Christmas then?" She asked, curling her lips into a pout.

Hawk almost gave in to his sweet darling daughter, whom he loved more than life itself, but Lidia came to the rescue and said, "No Violet, no pony any time soon, but you can have a kitty if you like."

"I don't want a kitty, I want a pony!" She yelled, wiggling out of Hawks arms, and landing her feet on the floor. "I'm going to ask Lucious and Stephan, they won't deny me!"she told them, before she scurried off in the other direction.

Lidia saw laughter in Hawks eyes, she knew that Violet was going to a handful as she grew older, and before Hawk got any ideas, she said quickly, "Nessa would not be too happy if she found Violet riding on a pony!"

Hawks eyes sparkled with laughter, and he raised his hands in the air and said, "I didn't say anything!"

**************

Eyes cold as marble watched the beautiful, little girl who ran across a field full of hydrangeas, chasing a small pink pony. His gaze followed her to the river, where she led the thirsty animal to drink water. It must be at least ten below zero, he thought, why is this little girl running around with no cloak on in the freezing cold?

Hiding behind the trees, he watched as she ordered the pink pony to drink the cold water, as if the pony knew what she was saying. He studied the picture before him with interest. The pony seemed to know what the child was saying. Narrowing his eyes, he took a few steps closer and watched her like a hawk. Where did this pink pony come from? There was no such thing as a pink pony! He thought, the only pink ponies he knew of were from the fairytales that his grandmother used to tell him when he was a wee child. She spoke of the beautiful fairies who rode around the land on pink ponies. Was this child a fairy?

"Hurry up and drink the water before papa notices that I'm not in the castle!" She told the pony, and the pony nodded it's head in response.

The man drew his head back in disbelief for a second, and then focused on the child and the pony again with interest.

"Stop looking at me like that, and drink!" She yelled, pointing her finger toward the water. The pony did as she asked, and when he drank his water, he turned around and kneeled down on his stomach to allow Violet easy access as she climbed on top of him.

"Good boy, now take me home, but make sure that you don't get too close to the castle, just drop me off nearby, and disappear, and come again tomorrow. We can play some more tomorrow after breakfast. I'll come looking for you by the well, just stay hidden until you see me, alright?" She asked, giggling as the pony nodded, and galloped faster.

The stranger scratched his beard, as his beady blue eyes followed them until they disappeared. Who was that child, and what powers did she possess, he thought, wondering what he would do with this valuable information, mayhap she is worth a kings ransom, he thought, but first he had to concentrate on finding Abby. He needed to kill her before she starts to remember who she was, or the queen will have his head on a silver platter.

Thank you for your votes and comments xxoxoxoxxoxoxo