15 - History Lesson

Mina sat across from Sana, watching her closely before speaking.

"What's the different between you and another alpha?" Mina asked. Sana took in a breath, letting it out slowly.

"For one, teeth." Sana showed her incisors, pointing at them. "Other alphas only have one set. High alphas have two, but we lose the second set leaving the longer and sharper ones." She explained. "Scents are different. Alpha ruts smell awful, but high alphas lose their scent during a rut. The only one able to smell it is their imprinted mate." She continued. "Everything is pretty much the same." She shrugged.

"Why is your older sister not next in line to be leader?" Mina frowned.

"Ah.. Because she's lax. She may be stronger, but she doesn't have what it takes. I excelled through the tests required." Sana smiled, proud of her doings.

"Um... My dad told me.. Not to go near high alphas... Do you know why?" Mina frowned at her. Sana could see the fear in her eyes when she asked that question.

"High alphas... Deem themselves.. Perfect." Sana sighed. "My pack leader.. taught us everything we knew. When Momo and I came to this school... It open our eyes that everyone was different. So we changed." Sana explained.

"I'm still confused.. Why does he hate your kind so much?" Mina frowned.

"Maybe because of the wars a long time ago. Between alphas." Sana frowned.

"Wars?" Mina frowned. Sana nodded, reaching over to grab one of her books. She opened to the beginning of the wars chapters, reading aloud to Mina.

"Every person had descended from some form of wolf. Some omega, some alpha, others with defects were labeled accordingly. There was also the higher wolves, seeking solitude and only mating with those who were worthy. Those decedents were the first of the high alpha breed.

The alpha breed excelled at everything. Being the top hunters. Each pack had one leader, bringing peace and harmony to the lands. Until the lower alphas wanted power. Fighting the high alphas until they were driven out to the outskirts.

After several years of fighting, war broke loose. High alphas taking the one thing alphas treasured most. Their omegas."

Mina frowned putting her hand on the book, stopping Sana from reading further.

"They killed the omegas?" Mina frowned.

"Why do you think the alpha population is higher than omegas?" Sana sighed. Mina let out a small breath, looking away from the high alphas. Sana reached out and gently touched her face, her fingers running over the scars from her attacker. "Mina... I would never hurt you. Never." She whispered.

"Why did you hurt your sister?" Mina whimpered.

"I.. I felt angry that she was teasing you." Sana admitted. "And I got.. too angry." She sighed. "But I would never do that. I would kill myself before I hurt you." Sana rubbed her cheek with her thumb, reassuring the omega.

"Really?" Mina frowned.

"Really." Sana gave her a small smile, hoping she would feel better. Mina eventually gave in, feeling a little better about the whole thing. "I bet your parents will hate me." Sana chuckled.

"We don't have to tell them you're a high alpha. You're just a normal alpha." Mina winked. The two stayed a little while longer, talking about different things. Mina had smelt Sana's scent again, subconsciously releasing her own to mix.

"Mmm your scent smells nice." Sana whispered, pulling Mina closer to her. She buried her face in the crook of Mina's neck, causing her to burst into a fit of laughter.

"Sana." Mina whined.

"Mm?" Sana smirked at her.

"I should get home.. My parents are probably furious that I'm out this late." She sighed. "That and my cousin lied and said there wouldn't be alphas involved." She rolled her eyes, looking back at Sana.

"Yeri is your cousin?" Sana asked.

"Sadly." Mina chuckled.

The two walked hand in hand back down to the dorm, collecting themselves before walking in. When they opened the door, they saw Dahyun passed out next to Momo on her bed with Chaeyoung and Yeri chatting quietly about a variety of things.

"Did you fix things?" Yeri asked, a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"Yes." Mina smiled.

"Good." She nodded. "Now to get you back to auntie and uncle before they kill me."

When Mina had gotten home, her parents thanked Yeri for bringing her home in one piece, and she ran up to her room. She grabbed her laptop and searched up what she could about high alphas and wondered why they had so much power to begin with. Of course, it made her upset to read the articles... Especially ones from the past few years...

Japan's highest ranking alpha dies in car accident.

Osaka high alphas reach out to Tokyo's packs for peace treaty.

Osaka's newest leaders - Minatozaki family must be proud.

Mina clicked on the last one, recognizing the last name.

Osaka's high alpha pack has been around for many generations. Each pup brought into the pack must earn their spots, following age old traditions.

The newest group of children have come of age with only one forth coming leader.

Minatozaki Sana.

Sana has shown great qualities of being the next leader of the Osaka pack. Passing all tests with high marks and overpowering her elders with her own technique. The only problem, she is far too young and has not passed her final test. Finding a suitable mate to bring a new generation of pups. Viable pups for their pack.

We will follow the Minatozaki family until further is reported.

Mina shook her head... She was telling the truth about being the next in line leader... And no wonder she wasn't back home. She was still too young to do anything to them... Mina let out a shaky breath. Sana imprinted on her, which meant she felt that Mina was a suitable mate...