chapter two

"Why were those men chasing you?" Sypha asked. You were walking side by side heading back to the rest of her group.

"They offered me a good time," You said. You looked over to Sypha and saw her cringe, "...but when I rejected, they got angry, and I ended up punching one of them.

Sypha started to laugh at your small story, "You claim to be a doctor, but it seems to me that you hurt more than you heal,"

"That may be true with the times now. I never planned on learning how to fight, but when I learned of Dracula's revenge, I couldn't sit there and not prepare. Unlike the others, I spent the year learning to fight, learning about possible monsters, and gathering my supplies because I knew that Dracula does not lie,"

Sypha nodded in understanding, "I wish more people were like you. They heard his warning yet ignored it, and continued on with their lives. Why not prepare for it whether it's true or not?"

"I agree," You quickly reply. You looked from her and saw a group of people in front of you that were the same outfit as her.

"Grandfather," Sypha called out. An older man turned around and away from the wagon he was facing and showed a gentle smile.

"Sypha, where have you been? We're about to leave," The man said as he walked towards you. Sypha blushed in embarrassment.

"I became curious and I started to walk around and that's when I came to meet Y/n," Sypha said and pointed to you, "she's a doctor and traveling to Gresit like us to help people,"

Her grandfather looked at you and smiled, "I am the elder of the Cordii Speakers, it's a pleasure to meet you. Since we are traveling to the same place, we are glad to welcome you to our caravan if you choose too,"

"Thank you, my feet are becoming sore from the walking I have been doing," You said with a gentle smile. Sypha chuckled and grabbed your hand leading you to the wagon.

"What's that on your hand? Is that a transmutation-" Sypha began to ask while looking down at your hand. Yoi cringed hearing the words and pulled your hands back violently.

"It's nothing..." You said trying to get the focus of your hand. Sypha gave you a look, like she was about to ask again, but you just gave her a look.

"You and your people are so open to strangers," You said trying to change the subject, "I wished it happened a lot more often, so much that this wouldn't be a foreign concept to me,"

"We choose to trust, because if we didn't, who else would?" Sypha said look back at you with a glitter in her eyes. She sure was passionate.

"I just wish people were as accepting and trusting as you all are," You said in response, "I've had to run around my whole life searching for a place to stay. But I never could find that one place because everyone around was just so unwelcoming..."

"We wish so too. We have come across many incidents were the villagers do not trust and attack us. Even though we only wish to help with our wisdom," The Elder spoke as he entered the caravan with the other speakers. Sypha looked down with a solemn look, which you could understand. People seem to turn away the people that could help them in this day and age.

"Attack you? That's horrible," You said. The Elder just nodded and signalled to get the caravan moving. A bright idea just came to your mind, "I could protect you, you know. That will be my payback for you getting me to Gresit in the first place,"

"Really? But what about the people you were going to attend too?" Sypha asked.

"Well I could help them a bit and then just comeback to help protect your people when I'm done. I have some decent fighting skills, we could do it together,"

"It's a deal then," Sypha said with a smile. You returned it and looked out the back of the caravan to see the village you were once in fading away.