Just a kid *part 5* (Peter Parker)

My gaze drifted over my fingers that were dancing together, my nails occasionally brushing against the black fabric of my dress as I kept my head down. I couldn't help but let my lips curl into a smile as my mind wandered to thoughts of Peter, my head filling with the few memories that I shared with him. I thought about anything and everything, ranging from the first time that we had met, when we'd been fighting for opposite teams, to when I had pinned him in the gym and then he had pinned me moments later. I had to admit to myself that I had fallen for the boy. After all, he seemed to fill all the gaps that I had. He filled the hole in my heart that had formed over the years of being alone. And yet, I was here. Without him. I looked up, tears pricking my eyes as I snapped back to the church that I was in. I looked behind me and over the sea of black clothing and teary faces, a choke in my throat as I turned back around and my eyes landed on the open casket that Peter's body was in. Since my seat was on the front row, I had a straight view of how beautiful he looked, even in death. His eyes were closed as if he was peacefully sleeping, and his skin was somehow only slightly paler than it had been when he was alive. He was wearing a crisp black suit that I assumed had been picked by his aunt May, who was stood at the altar, tears running down her face as she spoke.

"Peter reminded me of both his parents and his uncle, and because of that, he was perfect. He was like a son to me, and not a day will go by that I won't think of him." She nodded, looking down and sniffing before looking back up and forcing a small smile onto her lips.

"Does, um, does anyone else have anything that they want to say about Peter?" she asked, looking around. I gulped, my heart thumping through my chest as my hand raised by itself, almost without command. The other Avengers looked at me, slightly shocked as May gave me a gentle smile.

"Come on up, honey." She nodded. I took a deep breath, giving Tony a small smile as he patted my shoulder in support. I stood up, my heels clicking against the floor and the skirt of my dress swaying slightly as I walked to the front. I looked at everyone, my heart in my throat as I nervously twiddled my fingers.

"U-um...hey, I'm Y/N, I, erm....worked with Peter." I started. I looked at the Avengers, the nervous feeling subsiding slightly as they all gave me thumbs up and reassuring smiles. I took another deep breath and looked out to the crowd.

"I didn't know Peter for very long, I only met him a few times in our six-month friendship. But that gives you an insight into how much of a positive impact that he had on people, as I only knew him for half a year, yet he ended up being the most meaningful relationship that I'd had for as long as I could remember." I nodded, a tear leaving my eye as people nodded in support.

"Peter's smile lit up a room. I've had quite a few shitty days in my life, but they started to get better every so often, and the common theme of the better days was that I was with Peter. He always knew how to make me laugh, he always knew how to make me smile, and how to make my day better, a lot of the time without even trying. He was just one of those people." I chuckled. My smile dipped and I looked down again, my gaze once again being drawn to my joined fingers.

"There's only thing that I regret about my relationship with Peter. I never told him how I really felt, and now I'll never get to. Because he meant a lot to me. And, as it always goes, I didn't realise that until it was too late. I was too harsh on him, and I wasn't always as kind like he was, and I should have been. I should have been kinder." I nodded, looking up again as tears left my eyes. The Avengers and May gave me sympathetic looks, making me nod and my eyes waver.

"U-um, I think that that's all that I have to say. I miss him. That's the bottom line." I spoke, my voice cracking as I walked back to my seat. I took a shaky breath as I took my seat back in between Tony and May.

"Y/N." May spoke, making me look at her as she rested her hand on top of mine.

"Peter knew, honey. He knew what he meant to you." She reassured. I gulped and nodded, giving her a small thanking smile as a tear fell from my wavering eyes and I looked at the casket again.

I walked around May's apartment, a glass of wine in my grasp as I walked into the living room to see the Avengers and May sat around. Tony looked at me and his eyes widened.

"Y/N, you shouldn't be drinking, you're only seventeen." He scoffed.

"Tony, I said that she could have it. It's a hard day for all of us." May nodded, giving me a small smile. I returned it and looked around. My eyes widened slightly as Doctor Strange stood by the door, talking to Wong.

"Excuse me for a moment." I nodded, not waiting for anyone to reply as I pushed through the crowd to the magical duo.

"Doctor Strange?" I asked, making them both look at me as I approached them.

"Oh, hey. It's Y/N, right? You're the newest Avenger." He stated.

"Yeah, I am, I wondered if I could talk privately with you." I nodded. He raised an eyebrow and exchanged glances with Wong.

"It's fine, my drink needs refreshing anyway." Wong sighed as he walked off. Doctor Strange looked at me.

"Wong is my best friend, what do you need to say that couldn't be said in front of him?" he scoffed, putting a hand in his trouser pocket as he looked at me. I gulped.

"You're the keeper of the time stone, right?" I asked.

"You know that I am." He nodded.

"I need it." I admitted. The man looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"What use could you possibly have for-." His eyes widened.

"Holy shit. You want to bring Peter back from the dead." He mumbled. I gulped and bit my lip.

"Is it possible?" I asked, fiddling with my fingers again.

"Of course it's possible, but there's a reason why we don't go around bringing back the dead. It's a seriously stupid idea and a very wrong misuse of the time stone's powers." He scoffed.

"Please, Doctor Strange. Look, it was my fault that Peter got shot, it should have been me. He was just a kid and it's my fault that he's dead. I need to fix this." I choked.

"You're just a kid too, Y/N. You have no idea what you're messing with, the time stone needs to be respected-."

"Please, Stephen. I am begging you to help me fix this. Help me make this right." I nodded, my eyes wavering as a tear rolled down my cheek. He sighed and looked around cautiously.

"Fine. Come to the Sanctuary tomorrow at twelve, and I'll help you. But I have to warn you." He nodded. I looked at him.

"About what?" I asked. He sighed.

"Where there is death, there will always be death. If Peter lives, someone else will die." He nodded. I gulped, my eyes wavering as I forced myself to return the nod before heading back to the other Avengers.