23. secret

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily✨

EVAN WOLFE

The sound of Caleb's heart beating was so relaxing to me, being in his arms was the best feeling in the world. His fingers gently brush my bare arm leaving a trail of goosebumps across my skin. Butterflies erupt in my stomach and I have to take a shallow breath to let it sink in that this was real.

Caleb's fingers stop on my skin and instead tap my arm, I glance up to him.

"I may have done something but I don't want you to be angry at me," Caleb says quietly.

My brows pull down into a light frown as I push my palm to the bed so I can sit up better. My heart starts to race at his words. "What?" I ask.

"Today I contacted a family friend who is a therapist," he starts. I just stare back at him. "Zara spoke to her for a good few months, she didn't have the best time growing up and she really helped her."

My throat becomes dry and swallowing was almost impossible. Caleb's hand moves up to the side of my face and he gently glides his thumb across my cheekbone. "All I did was contact and ask her if she has any spare time to come by, in no way am I forcing you to do this but I just want to give you the option to. It's completely up to you pups but I think you should really think about this."

My eyes flick between his and after a while I look down to the bed instead. "Pups," Caleb says again.

"I'll think about it," my voice croaks.

"Really?" Caleb's voice sounds hopeful.

I nod towards the bed.

"Look at me," he says quietly.

My face melts into his hand and I glance up into his green eyes. "I'm proud of you, you know that?" His words sounded so soft and sincere that my heart begun to ache with love.

Love.

What an odd and surreal feeling.

The corners of my mouth twitch up into a smile. Caleb leans forward and leaves a lingering kiss on my forehead.

A loud noise from downstairs pulls us away from each other. The front door slams with a loud bang and it makes me jump. Caleb's eyes become alert and worry instantly creeps up in my body, I grip onto the bed covers.

"Caleb?" A voice shouts.

"Shit," he mumbles under his breath and jumps off the bed, pulling me with him.

"Who is it?" I whisper quickly.

"Felix. I don't know why he's here!" He exclaims harshly and frantically begins to look around the room like he didn't know what to do.

Footsteps can be heard on the stairs and Caleb shoves me into the en suite and shuts the door behind me. I stumble and grip onto the basin to stop myself flying through the wall. Eventually I turn around and I stare back at the white door and my hands begin to shake.

Did he really just do that?

I walk forward and press my ear to the wooden door as I hear their voices talking.