19

••••••

••••••

It's been months since I had to send my child away to safety. I can't say it's easy knowing it should be me cradling her in my arms, however, I put her first and I could never let her be surrounded by danger in this city.

I try and contact Rebekah once in awhile even if it pains me to know that it's risky to have a conversation. We had the entire city believe our baby didn't make it and even though I know she's well and alive, it doesn't feel like she is. I guess you could say I'm grieving in a way.

The wolves have taken over New Orleans, or should I just say Francesca and her brothers. After figuring out that Francesca was also the one behind my daughter's plot to die, I wanted her head on a stick immediately. I've tried to convince the two Mikaelson brothers to let us attack but they refuse.

The night Hope was born was also the night the white oak stake went missing. Klaus and Elijah believe the werewolves have it stashed somewhere and are ready to use it when needed. That's why they won't finish this war.

I stand in front of the full-length mirror while putting my shirt back on. "The bed's still warm..." I hear a whisper by my ear and his arms snake around my waist.

I smile wide and turn to face him. I place my arms on both sides of his shoulders and look up at him. I close the gap between us and give him a soft kiss, and eventually it gets heated in seconds.

Shocking, isn't it? That I had him tied to me by a string for the longest time and now I let him in, literally. If we're being honest, Klaus and I needed each other the most when we gave away our child and in order to fill that void, we turned to physical matters.

I'm not complaining, though. It was long overdue and it helped stitch up any bad patches we still had opened up. All I've ever wanted was him and he's here, with me always. 

A few knocks hit the door softly but I chose to ignore the door opening seconds later and so did Klaus. My mind spaced out, my only focus was solely on the man in front of me. A voice clears their throat and Klaus pulls away with a sigh of annoyance.

"What do you want, Elijah?"

"I understand you two are grieving your child's absence but there are different ways to cope other than... intimate doings." Elijah speaks, raising his eyebrows in the process.

Klaus steps away from my presence and starts to wander by the bed. "Since when did you sign up to be a couple's therapist, Elijah?"

I turn away from the eldest Mikaelson and throw on the rest of my missing clothing that were scattered around the bed. "Admiring what is not yours, are we, brother?"