Chapter Forty-Four: Myrtle's Demons Come to Visit

"One thing you can't hide - is when you're crippled inside

"One thing you can't hide - is when you're crippled inside."
― John Lennon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up only to find myself in the Hospital Wing. My clothes were blood ridden, and my back was no longer aching as it had been

Myrtle was sitting to my side, fast asleep.

I sit up and gaze around, my hand fumbling for my locket. The compass props open in my hand, and I sigh. It was still the same damn thing. The black diamond stone stood out from its place on someone's hand. The symbol was still just as blurry as it had been the last time I opened my locket to peer into it.

There were some bandages on my wrists, and my back was heavily bandaged as if someone was afraid I would bleed to death.

Valid.

Myrtle startles awake, and she gazes at me silently. "Are you alright?" She asks. I open my mouth to answer, but nothing comes out. I nod in response, making Myrtle's eyes widen in realization.

"Oh, Madam Strout told me to give this to you when you woke up." She says, handing me a goblet filled with a clear liquid substance. I sniff it, eyeing it wearily.

"Come now. I'm sure it won't kill you." She smiles, making me purse my lips. I chug it down, and the liquid comes sputtering up. Some of it goes down, though.

"Ugh!! What is that!!" I shriek in disgust. I blink, realizing my voice was back. "Wow." I murmur amazed.

"It wasn't going to be pumpkin juice." Myrtle scoffs, making me smile at her.

"Thanks for sticking around." I give her a smile, making Myrte smile back. She was getting up, a look of sadness on her face.

"Yeah. Of course." She murmurs. My eyebrows furrow and I stare at her in confusion.

"Where are you going?" I ask, and she shrugs.

"This is the part where people usually cast me aside." She admits, brown eyes sad. I shake my head, lunging to grab her hand.