twenty-three.

DEAD MAN!
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE.
you're not alone.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

ADRIAN'S KNEES LANDED ON THE GROUND AS HE KNELT TO HIS SISTER, CHECKING OVER HER BLOODIED BODY IN HORROR. He moved the hair out of her face, calling out in hopes she'll wake up and be okay. He knew better than that though. "Lydia! Lydia, wake up! Can you hear me?! Lydia!"

"Adrian!" The teen heard Stiles running rapidly towards the three of them, his heart thudding wildly in his chest when seeing his boyfriend next to Peter Hale and a bloodied Lydia Martin. "Lydia! Adrian!"

Before Adrian could register anything, he was grabbed and brought closer to a chest; sharp claws up against his throat. Stiles halted as Peter Hale held his boyfriend, a scared look on his face. "Don't kill him. Please."

"Hmm." The werewolf hummed, blood trailing down his chin. "Of course not. Just tell me how to find Derek."

Stiles stammered, him and Adrian exchanging shocked and scared looks. "What?"

Peter's nails dug deeper into Adrian's skin, making him wince in pain. It wouldn't take much more until the claws pierced through skin. "Tell me how to find Derek Hale." He spoke lowly, making sure the boy understood every word.

Stiles' breathing increased, panicking every time Adrian's face scrunched up in pain. "I don't know that. How would I know that?" His voice raised, panic lacing his words.

"Because you're the clever one, aren't you?" Peter asked quickly, holding the boy tighter. "And because deception has a particularly acrid scent, Stiles. Tell me the truth . . . or I will rip him apart."

"D-Don't do it, Stiles." Adrian struggled out, face scrunching up in pain when the werewolf applied more pressure. "Ah!"

"Look, I don't know, okay?" Stiles said quickly. "I swear to god, I have no idea." He shook his head.

"Tell me!" Peter roared loudly, the sound echoing through the pitch as Adrian grunted.

"Okay, okay, okay, look, I . . ." Stiles quickly gave in, breathing heavily. "I think he knew."

"Knew what?"

"Derek, I think he . . ." Stiles' breathing picked up as he explained, his boyfriend scared he would have a panic attack then and there. "I think he knew he was gonna get caught."

"By the Argents?"

"Yeah." Stiles nodded.

"And?" Peter kept on questioning, each sign of hesitance from the boy being stopped by a bit of pressure being applied on the redhead's neck.