*- 54 - I was her Weasel

The months went on more normal than it had ever felt. Everyone was cool and there was not really a weird tension, but not much excitement either. I was constantly working on my Potions task, whilst trying to keep my grades in other classes to at least an E. I was going to ace this last year. As expected, the twins and Lee had gotten me everything I needed to brew all potions. My Moonseed potion and Veritaserum were already finished with their respective essays and the Polyjuice potion was halfway done curing. I still had no idea what original potion I was going to make, though.

Even though I was normally really good at charms, I could not get the Patronus Charm to work. Over half the students in the DA had produced theirs, but I couldn't do it. I could never really focus on my happiest memory and it was driving me insane.

I was trying for the hundredth time, but other than a few blue sparks, there was nothing. Fred and George's magpies were dancing in the sky beautifully.

"Just focus, Y/N", Harry said and I sat down onto the floor annoyed. I was sick of failing.

"Oh come on now, are you giving up?" Fred asked and I nodded. It was March, so it had been a month since we had started practicing the spell.

"Come on, stand up", Fred said and extended his hand. I raised an eyebrow and shook my head.

"Come on", he said and grabbed my hand. He tried pulling me up and eventually, I let him.

"Take your stance", he said and I did what he asked. I needed to be focused to do the spell and that was not going to be the case with Fred close to me. I had come to terms with the whole friends-situation, but that didn't mean that my heart didn't race anymore whenever he came close.

"I can't do it, I've tried many times."

"Shut up and take your stance, love", he said and I could see that he regretted that last word that slipped out, but he didn't say anything. I sighed and did what he said.

"Okay, close your eyes and clear your head. Don't be so tense, relax." He put his hands on my shoulders and shook them in order for me to relax.

"You're so tense, it's not going to work like that", he said. "Is it because of me?" he asked after a while. He took a step back, letting go of my shoulders. His absence made me far more tense than his presence. I was nervous around him because I didn't know what he was thinking anymore, but after everything, I'd still rather have him close than far.

"No, just a lot on my mind", I said and took a deep breath, taking my stance again.

"That's better, now close your eyes again." I did what he asked and gripped my wand tightly.

"Relax", he chuckled. "Relax your hand, wait." He stepped closer carefully, but I knew that he felt awkward, not knowing if I wanted him closer. I did, but this was dangerous. 

"Can I?" he asked carefully, nodding at my hand. I had nodded before my mind had caught up and when his fingers touched mine, electricity jolted through my body. Why did I love this man so much and why were these feelings not going away?

He placed my hand a little differently and after a while, my grip relaxed at his touch, savoring the moment. This wasn't good, I shouldn't be so weak around him, but I was.

"Now think about a very happy memory. The moment in your life when you felt the happiest."

"There are so many. What did you think of?"

"That's not important. Focus Y/N. Think of a very happy moment." There were indeed many happy moments, but all of them were littered with a bad aftermath. I had been the happiest in my entire life when Fred and I visited the Burrow. It was a warm summer day and Fred had been the best boyfriend all day. He showed me his house and then we laid down on the grass outside. He held my hand the way he did now. I couldn't help but lean into his touch, just to feel that again. I had been so happy that day and I feared that I was never going to feel that happy again.