Chapter 12

Calvin's POV

After Miles told me his father did this, I hugged him tight. Your family hurting you hurts worse than anybody else. I wouldn't know personally, but I can imagine.

Miles needs all the support he can get. He needs the pack. I would tell him about me being a werewolf but I don't want to drive him away when I'm the only one there for him.

Miles is still zoned out, probably not hearing any of the soothing words I've been whispering in his ear.

After a good 20 minutes, Miles pulls away. He looks down, not making eye contact. We just sit there in each other's company, until he whispers, "I have no more family."

I grab his hand and squeeze it gently, "You have me. I will always be there for you. I will never leave you."

He changes the topic, "I don't have my school work. All my belongings are in that house."

I reassure him, "I can go over and get your stuff. Don't worry, I'll do everything I can for you."

"Thank you, Calvin. You didn't have to help me, but you did. Thank you," he says, gratefulness obvious in his tone.

"Don't worry, Rabbit. I'll always have your back whenever you need me," I say, and pull him into another hug.

Miles pulls back a little bit and looks up at me with his puppy eyes. I lean in, after he does. Our lips collide, his warm lips meeting mine in a mess of passion. He presses himself onto me, until he is straddling my waist. I lick his bottom lip, being careful to avoid his injured area.

He gasps and that allows me to push my tongue into his mouth. Our tongues battle for dominance, me winning. I pull away when I need to breathe. I make my way down his neck, biting and sucking on the area where my mark will lay.

He moans with pleasure, the sound music to my ears. I pull away to look him in the eyes, and confess, "You have stolen my heart. You have stolen it and I don't think I will ever get it back. I don't think I want it back, if I have you beside me."

He finally looks me in the eyes, and leans in to give me a quick peck on the lips. "Thank you for being here for me when no one else was. When my family turned their back on me, you welcomed me with open arms. I think you've also stolen my heart, and I'm not getting it back anytime soon."

I look up at him with wide eyes, surprised he feels that way. We've only been on one date and seen each other like three times in our entire lives.

He smirks at my reaction, pulling me into a quick kiss. When he pulls away he hugs me. I hold him back tightly, wanting him to know I'm here for him.

After another 20 minutes, I realized he's fallen asleep. I pull away, and lay him on the bed. He's wearing jeans, and knowing that they are uncomfortable to sleep in, I pull them off of him.

I undress down into my boxers and lay beside him. Wanting to be respectful, I don't hold him like I want to. I want to give him space until he is comfortable with me.

"Please, hold me Calvin," Miles slurs tiredly, rolling into my arms. Wasting no time I pull him into my chest, and he snuggles closer.

I fall asleep with my adorable mate in my arms.