chapter six

Somehow you and Trevor ended up alone in the lodging. He very quickly explained the plan, so you didn't catch everything. All you knew is that you and him were about to fight together.

You heard the mob forming outside and you whispered a little 'knew it's. The were banging on the door and eventually broke in.

"Where are the Speakers?" A priest said with his hand outstretched.

"None of your damn business," You replied back defiantly. You stood by Trevor's side and refusing to back down.

"You defend evil,"

"Shut up," Trevor muttered.

"What?" said the priest. He walked towards you and Belmont.

"Shut up.You're not getting the Speakers. You're getting no blood today, so shut up." The priest, in response, decided to slap Trevor.

"Slap him again, and see what happens to your hand," You said in a low meangincing manner. The priest facial expression didn't change but you could see the little spark of fear in his eye. Trevor raised his arm as a barrier between you and the priest, but gave you a thankful look for defending him.

"You will give us the Speakers so that we can save this city."

"This city's lost. It was lost when you and the rest of your scum moved in" Trevor said. The priest raised his arm like he was about to slap him again, but refrained once he saw your glare.

"And what? You are here to fight us? You're here to convince the people that nomad black magicians are good for Gresit, and it is the presence of men of God that brought the night hordes upon us?" The priest said while gesturing to both of you.

"You know-" Trevor started.

"Silence! Look at yourselves. You're both a wreck. You stink," The priest started. He looked at you, "You can barely keep your eyes open. What do you expect to achieve against us?"

You chuckled, "Nothing," you replied in response to the priest question.

"So you're going to die for nothing? For people you don't know?"

"I don't know any of you, but that doesn't matter, does it? My family, the family you demonized and excommunicated, has fought and died through generations for this country. We do this thing for Wallachia and her people. We don't have to know you all. We do it anyway. And it's not the dying that frightens us. It's never having stood up and fought for you. I am Trevor Belmont of the House of Belmont, and dying has never frightened me," Trevor said as he dropped his hand and took off his cloak.

"Good," The priest said and pulled out his knife. You dropped your cloak and pulled out your daggers, spinning them through your fingers. You pointed one at the priest.

"I think...I'll get you first," You said in a low voice and dashed at him. He went to stab you but you dropped to your knees and stabbed him in the abdomen. You saw Trevor throw knifes at the others and ran at the priest you just stabbed. You rolled out the way and got up just to see Trevor ram the priest with his elbow and run outside.

You followed after him and pulled the rope he told you too beforehand. You looked back and smirked when you saw the whole building collapse. You looked back to Trevor to see him throwing and axe that cut down a giant cross, and followed him as he ran through the crowd.

"I didn't know your plan involved so much running," You said in a joking manner.

Trevor looked at you and smirked, " Just make sure you can keep up with me, doc,"

After he said that, he jumped onto the wall, kicked someone in the face, and then set a puddle on fire to keep distance between you and the crowd.

"All you had to do was just set the puddle aflame. I don't know why you went through all the trouble of kicking that poor man in the face," You said as you caught up to Trevor.

"Well I obviously wanted to impress you," He said sarcastically. You laughed but then suddenly stopped once you saw and arrow about to head your way.

You stopped and grabbed Trevor, pulling yourselves to the sides of the building, "Why did you-" He started to question but stopped once he saw an arrow hit the ground. He looked at you and nodded.

Both of you waited there for a bit until a priest jumped from a building  in front of you. You could hear men from the other side of the alley as well.

"I got this priest right here, get the ones behind us. Don't get hit by an arrow cause that would be troublesome for me," You said to Trevor before dashing at the priest, pulling out your daggers once again.

"You're such a handful," Trevor responded.