chapter seven

This priest was getting on your last nerve. You stabbed and sliced him five times and he was still going at you. The accumulated amount of damage should have taken him down already. You slipped behind him and used him as a shield for the incoming arrows.

"The irony..." You muttered as the arrow hit his chest and eyes, rendering him blind. You let him go and watched him drop to the ground then turned your attention to Trevor, and how he threw a spear to take out the archers.

"Come one, we have to go," Belmont said as he grabbed your arm and began running again. Eventually you ended up in the townsquare.

"Fuck! Trevor, why the hell would you lead us here? There's no way to get out," you said while looking around.

"I was just running, I wasn't thinking about where I was going!" He responded exasperatedly.

"Well now were gonna die because you weren't thinking," You said. You spun your daggers around your fingers and put them back and their sheaths.  You rolled up your sleeve a bit and put your hands together, "I'm definitely not going down without a fight,"

"Then, why the hell did you put your weapons away-" Trevor started but was interrupted.

Before you could do anything, a circle of fire surrounded you and Trevor. You got up from your fighting stance and sighed in relief; Sypha was here. "How did I know you were going to show up, Sypha?" You said. Trevor looked at you in confusion and then saw what you were taking about.

"You never told me you were a magician," Trevor said to Sypha as you both walked down the pathway made by her.

"You never asked."

"Though I guess I now understand why it was you who went down into the catacombs to look for your sleeping god. What are you doing here?"

"I didn't ask you to fight for me. I fight for myself." Sypha said defiantly. You smiled at her.

"Fine. You..." Trevor said to Sypha but quickly turned his attention to the corrupt priest. He stopped walking but you decided to let him handle it and continue to walk to Sypha.

Sypha saw you coming and came down from a top of the building, "What is Trevor doing?" Sypha said while looking over your shoulder. You looked back and shrugged.

"I think he's going on another rant against those priest. He does that a lot actually, you should of heard his rant about being a Belmont in the lodging-" You were going on until an explosion interrupted you. You both ran to Trevor as he turned around.

"It's them," You said and Sypha nodded in agreement.

"Back to the far side of the square! Pikes! Up front, now!" Trevor started to shout.

"What? Why?" A random man replied with fear laced in his voice.

"Because I'm the only man here who knows how to fight these things." You looked at Trevor, feeling left out.

"Am I joke to you?" You said. Trevor blushed and just scratched his head sheepishly.

"In my defense, I said man and you're a woman. Now- Everyone with a pike or long weapon, get out in front with me. Six in front, six behind, and in between, pikes forward. Hold steady. I need a priest, one who was properly ordained in a church," Trevor said and waited. A man emerged from the crowd and raised his hand, "Grab some people. Go to the nearest well, start drawing water. You know what to do with water, yes? For the aspersion? Go."

At this point you stopped listening to him and just started to prepare for the monsters coming. You saw people wiping their swords in salt. You didn't need to because your daggers were made with holy water.

Sypha went to Trevor's side while you stood on the other, waiting for the monsters to come. When they came Sypha made walls of ice to restrict their movement. You stepped in front of everyone and stood alone by yourself.

"Y/n, what the hell are you doing?" Trevor yelled from behind the lines of citizens.

"It's alright, I can handle this. I think you guys are trustworthy enough for me to show you," You said as you rolled back your sleeves fully to reveal several tattoos.

Sypha gasped but the grinned like a mad man, "I knew it!"

"Knew what?" Trevor questioned as he anxiously watched several monsters approach you. He kind of liked you because of your feistiness, he didn't want you to die.

"Y/n! She's an alche-" Sypha said but was interrupted by the loud snap made by your hand. The monsters before you went up in flames, screaming from the intensity of the flames.

"What the fuck?" Trevor said confused. He watched your hair flow back as you kept snapping and burning the monsters before you.

"She's an alchemist," Sypha finished while watching you in awe.

When you were done you headed back over to where Sypha and Trevor was. You were about to crack a joke, but before you could do anything, the ground collapsed and the three of you fell through.