20 - Ideas

By the time Sana felt back to her usual self, it was near finals week and she barely saw Mina. The only time she saw her was when she would meet her in the library for a study date. The two would sit across from each other and just study. Granted, Sana needed the time away from her crazy sister, who's final was memorizing recipes to make in class. She knew Mina would have to do the same, so she took careful mental notes on how Momo remembered them.

When they left the library, Mina held Sana's hand, grateful she was back to her old self.

"So you were sick." Mina chuckled.

"I guess I was." Sana admitted. "Momo got so nervous that she called our elder." She shied away, her free hand going to the back of her neck.

"Oh? What did he say?" Mina inquired.

"Ahh..." Sana froze, she couldn't tell Mina what her elder told her.. She would have to stay far from Mina the second she smelled any trace of heat on her... And then even after her rut she would have to be away for a week...

"What?" Mina raised her eyebrow at her. Sana let out a breath, knowing she would have to tell her sooner rather than later. She explained everything to her, exactly how her elder explained it to her after she had gotten better.

Due to the traditions set in place in her pack going back many, many generations, biologically they conformed. The imprinted pair would mate the first heat or rut cycle or stay far from each other if they weren't ready.

Mina shook her head, not comprehending anything that was being said. At least not right away.

"I know.. It's a lot.." She sighed.

"A lot, a lot.." Mina whispered. She sat on a nearby bench, still holding Sana's hand. "So because of that tradition all those generations ago... Biologically it just happens?" She asked. Sana nodded, sitting next to her. "You guys suffer a lot." She breathed.

"Yeah... We do don't we. But not as much as you guys." Sana frowned. "We don't suffer continuous heartbreak from mate to mate... But we just suffer one huge one if we imprint on the wrong people." She sighed. Mina nodded, resting her head on Sana's shoulder.

"I think... I need more time." Mina finally spoke. "I can't... I can't think of that.." She closed her eyes, trying to push the memory out of her mind.

"Hey, hey. Focus on me." Sana let go of her hand, cupping Mina's check. "You're here. Not there. You're here with me." She whispered. "Breathe in.... Breathe out." She rested her forehead against Mina's, calming her slightly. "You're okay." She cooed.

"Thank you..." Mina shivered, recovering from the sudden and short panic attack. Sana pulled her into a tight embrace, holding her until she calmed down more. After a few minutes, Mina had nuzzled herself into Sana's neck smelling her beachy scent. She smiled at the scent, finding comfort in it.

"You're okay?" Sana asked her quietly. Mina nodded, not wanting to move at all now. "Good. Because here come your sisters." She warned. Mina lifted her head, groaning at the sight of her sisters. "You sound so thrilled to go home." Sana smirked.

"I honestly... Really don't want to today... I kind of want to stay here with you... But I know that's not okay.." Mina sighed.

"Mmmm. You could just tell your parents to let you." Sana giggled.

"Yeah, because that'll happen." Mina chuckled.

When finals week had come around, Sana was buried deep in books, focusing on her need to pass. Mina would drop off food, giving her little breaks to eat and decompress. She would stop and take smaller breaks just to kiss Mina, giving her little boosts throughout the study sessions.

She tried to distract herself, knowing that she had to get herself ready to go home for the summer as well. Which hurt her entirely. She didn't want to go months without seeing Mina.

"Have you ever been outside the country Mina?" Sana asked her during one of their breaks.

"No, why?" She asked.

"I would love to introduce you to my family. Come with me for the summer. I'll show you where I grew up, and how I was raised." She flashed a small smile at the omega, who shook her head.

"My parents would never allow that.." She whispered.

"You wouldn't be alone the entire time." Sana whispered. "You would be with me or Momo." She shrugged. Mina nodded, knowing she would need some kind of worldly experience.. She was young... And she had time... She had money put aside from the bakery, really only buying more blankets for her nest and suppressants when need be...

"I... I'll talk to my mom." Mina whispered.

"Absolutely not!" David growled at his daughter. She sat at the table with her mother. She didn't know her father was home. "You are not going to wander into high alpha territory! Mina they'll kill you." He glared.

"David." Eve sighed. "Mina knows what the dangers are. And if her girlfriend is willing to protect her from them, I trust her." Eve looked at Mina, her eyes meeting Mina's timid ones. An unspoken thank you was said from her daughter. "Now. Go upstairs Mina. Your father and I have to talk."

Mina did as told. She kept her door cracked open, listening to her parents argue.

"An omega walking into high alpha territory is suicide Eve! What if she doesn't come home after the summer?" David shouted. "She isn't going and that's final!"

"David the war against the high alphas is long over. Six generations have gone by and you need to learn that not everything can be solved with an iron fist." Eve growled. "Might I remind you which side my family was on in that war?" She snarled. "I could have easily rejected your advances when we were younger if I had thought like you did." She added.

Mina frowned, shutting her door and crawled into her nest. She clutched onto her penguin, trying to calm down. It wasn't until her sisters walked in, climbed into her nest with her, and held her until she calmed down.