Chapter 1: Companions

"Thanks kid, now come on, let's get some of this stuff." (Y/N) smiled and wiped the blood off his arm. That's when he came across a horrid sight, that froze his blood cold. "Kid, whats wrong?" Jen asked, turning to see him frozen. "Jen..." he said, some tears in his eyes as he showed her his arm, with a large bite mark in it. "(Y/N)..." Jen started, sighing as he pulled her shirt collar down a bit to show the bite on her collarbone. "Well... I guess we won't leave each other after all."

2 Years Later

Clicks were emitting from a dark room as a mutated creature emerged. It's face was covered by cordyceps that mutated to grow into and out of the skull. It's eyesight has long since been gone, but it now uses a form of echolocation to locate its prey. The Clicker started to scan the room, it's head swiveling quickly, until it started to screech. The creature made its move, and then a throwing knife found its way into it's skull. 

The clicker dropped as a teenager moved to recover the weapon from its head. His black hair sweeping through the wind, the bottom half of his face covered by a black mask. He wore an old and tattered black hoodie, a white shirt on underneath. He was also sporting gray sweatpants, and worn down black running shoes. "Damnit, I'm about tired of these clickers."

(Y/N) wiped off the blade as he continued to walk down the street, littered with cars and various military checkpoints. On one of the signs read: Boston 1mi. "I better not have walked all this way just to be met with nothing." He grumbled, adjusting the bag he carried and scanning for anymore infected. It was starting to get dark, and clouds were covering the sky. He looked up and could only miss the days where these clouds brought him joy. That's when he was interrupted by more clicks coming from nearby. "Damnit, not again!"

***

The elevator cranked and turned as it lowered, carrying three people on top of it. One was an older man, the other was a woman around the same age, and the last was a little girl that was only 15. "Who's meeting us at the drop off?" The man said, turning to face the woman. "She said that there's some Fireflies that traveled all the way from another city." The woman spoke, looking at the girl that was just staring blankly in the distance. "Girl must be important." She added on after, causing the other to scoff.

"What is the deal with you? You some big-wig's daughter or something?" The woman asked, keeping her eyes on the girl. "Something like that." She had answered half-heartedly as the elevator came to a stop. The three walked off and made their way to a small tunnel, which required all three to crouch. "So how long is this gonna take anyways?" The girls asked, getting a quick reply. "If everything goes as planned, we should get you to them in a few hours."

They said, as they all walked out of the tunnel and approached the ladder. "Ellie," the woman started, looking at the girl. "Once we get out there, I need you to stay close and follow our lead." She instructed, causing Ellie to look down. "Yeah, of course." She said, going up the ladder and following behind Joel and Tess. Joel was first up and pushed open the hatch, checking around.

"Now hold up, there's a patrol ahead." He whispered down, keeping himself low while he watched it. After a minute, he motioned for the two to follow him up and out of the tunnel. They all got out quickly, Joel closing the hatch back up after them. They walked at a nice pace, the rain coming down on top of them. "Holy shit... I'm actually outside." Ellie said, her interest now piqued a little bit as she looked around, feeling the soft rain.

They made their way over a stream, up to a crashed semi-truck that provided them a way up the hill. Joel made his way up first, stepping carefully out of the truck and looking for anyone, only to get a hit by a gun and knocked down. A light shone on Ellie causing her to raise her hands up. "Don't do anything stupid." The soldier stated, another one coming up behind the two and leading them out of the shipping container and on the ground next to Joel.