11.

Montana
1week later
10am

Awaking from my slumber, my phone buzzed loudly, echoing throughout my new apartment. I sat up slowly from my bed and answered it with no desire to change my evident sleepy tone.

"Hello." I spoke, at least two octaves lower than my normal voice.

"Hello, am I speaking with Ms. Montana Moore?"

"Yes. Who is this?" I asked, much more alert now.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Ross. I'm a therapy specialist over at the Home Springs Behavioral Rehabilitation Center."

"Oh, yes. Hello. Is everything alright? Is Joey okay?" I went onto ask.

Joey was checked into the rehab about a month ago after everything went down. I hadn't spoken to him since because they didn't allow it. They were very strict but he just wanted to get better so I was happy that he was still willing considering the circumstances.

Unfortunately, Lorenzo ended up going back to jail after taking the rap for what Joey did that night. Lorenzo simply made him promise that he'd do better and he did. He promised.

"Joey is fine but I need a favor from you. It's detrimental but it'll definitely help him."

"Anything." I shrugged, I'd do anything to help him.

*

"I'm nervous." I expressed to Ms. Carol and Teesh while we sat in the waiting room of the rehabilitation center.

What Dr. Ross was asking me to do was going to be so hard but I had to. I had to so that I could help him. He wouldn't progress if I didn't.

"You'll be fine and we'll be right out here." Ms. Carol spoke.

"Yeah and then we're going to the mall to get something cute for this party tonight." Teesh spoke, looking up from her phone as I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Montana." Someone spoke, making us all look up.

"Hello." The three of us spoke in unison as Dr. Ross introduces herself.

"Montana and I spoke on the phone about some things."

"Yes. She told me." Ms. Carol nodded.

"Make sure the security guards are on point. He's really strong." Was all she said and Dr. Ross nodded.

"Ready?" She asked me and I nodded, swallowing hard.

"You got this, Mon." Teesh encouraged as Dr. Ross and I made our way to the back.

"So we're only doing this because we need to knock him off of his high horse. The plan is to let him come to terms with it then see how we can build from there." She explained while we walked.

"If he can do it, then we know he truly loves you and if ever decided, you can leave the relationship in one piece."

"I get it." I nodded.

"Oh and another thing, he's off his meds today for the session because I need to get through to him while he's not on anything. I want him to stop using them as a crunch and being so dependent on them. You understand?" She asked and I nodded.

"Completely."

"Alright. This is the room. Are you ready?"

"Does he know that I'm here?" I asked nervously and she shook her head no.

"Okay." I nodded, wiping my sweaty hands onto my denim jeans.

She then slowly opened the door and Joey was sitting in the chair, squeezing a stress ball.