4

"Dude, I really don't know how to." Sean groaned, flopping himself on the couch. The boy wanted nothing more than to throw his goddamn phone out the window, at this point.

Four, painfully long days had passed since Sean and Kaycee not only met, but went out that night. Sean spent every waking moment after that night feeling childishly nervous to text the girl, not really knowing what to say and how to begin a sustainable conversation. He knew the ball was in his court, considering she didn't have his number. But this morning, he decided he had enough. He was going to do it.

"Bro, just text her." Julian chuckled, turning the TV on. "You've gone out already. The hard part's over."

"Yeah, but that was different!" Sean retorted. "I don't know how to ask her."

"Why don't you just go downstairs to her apartment and ask face-to-face?" Julian suggested. "Maybe that will help."

"What drugs are you on, dude?" Sean groaned, smacking his best friend on the arm. "She's going to think I'm stalking her!"

"Are you, like, trying to ask her out on a date?" He asked. "Or are you just hanging out?"

"I don't know," came Sean's murmur.

"Why don't you just start off by texting her? I mean, I'm sure she's expecting it considering you told her you would."

"Okay." Sean agreed. "What do I say?"

"Be like, hey it's Sean, how are you." Julian suggested.

Sean did as he was told, his thumbs trembling as he sent the text. He turned back to Julian, his eyes widening with fear before speaking again. "What do I say now?"

"I don't know...ask her how her day was or something." Julian said.

"No." Sean mumbled. "I'm already texting her, like, four days too late so I can't just ask her that out of the blue."

"Oh, wait, ask her if things are patched up between her and Bailey."

"But doesn't that make me seem nosey?" Sean questioned.

"Dude, you eavesdropped when they were arguing." Julian rolled his eyes at Sean's school-like behaviour.

"Right." Sean muttered.

kaycee rice

hey its sean:) how are you?
i hope things are okay with you and bailey

"And when she replies, you'll ask her out." Julian instructed.

"Like...a date?"

"You tell me, bro!" Julian laughed, slapping Sean's knee excitedly. "Do you have a thing for her?"

"I mean...I don't really know. The day of the party was the first time we even met." Sean said, slightly reddening.

"And you guys were together the whole time." Julian added. "Not to forget, y'all even went out that night for, like, hours."

"And?"

"I mean, I don't know about her but I know you well enough to tell that you like her." Julian smirked. "I mean, come on."

"But she's really, like, reserved. She doesn't seem like the type to jump right into things. It took her a whole lot of convincing to even stay that night for the party."