Dream Catcher.

(Sorry if this chapter is speeding ahead a bit, but it is quite important.)

---No one's pov---

Each day was quickly growing more dangerous as the weeks went on. With the oncoming danger that the Guardian was still unaware of, everything went unnoticed by his naive nature. Despite this, (Y/n) became Nightmare's lover and they began to grow very affectionate towards each other.

A vast blanket of snow covered the landscape which was followed by the same fluffy substance falling from the sky. The seasons have changed, and now, Christmas would be coming.

Nightmare was trying to come up with a gift for (Y/n), desperately attempting to find the greatest present to give her while she mainly struggled with her money... In the end, the two were basically at a loss.

Nightmare has learned that her favorite color was (F/c) and was trying to come up with something  surrounding that... Like maybe a scarf or- 'Jewelry.'

Suggested the sinister half of the Guardian. Nightmare face-palmed as he found the idea to be quite obvious... he could give her something unique that held a piece of him in a way? That did seem to suit him. By giving her something that he could only offer, he could perhaps become more connected to her.

On the other hand, while Nightmare was frantically coming up with details to his gift, she decided entirely on something else... (Y/n) picked apart her bag carefully and looked towards her most prized possession as she sighed with uncertainty... Would he like this gift? Did it matter that she had no money to buy him something amazing?

Drowning the thoughts, she broke out a knife, paper, and pen before finally getting to work.

---Nightmare's Pov---

Once Christmas came around, I started to grow extremely nervous. I was worried that (Y/n) wouldn't like my gift... however, she always did have a way with my insecurities. 'She will love our gift.'

The sinister voice from within me echoed while practically emphasizing on 'our'. I couldn't deny that my opposite half had an extremely deep connection with (Y/n), which alarmed me because he wasn't entirely... stable.

If the darker version of me were to have his way in this relationship, he would of bonded our souls, been calling her his 'mate', always flirting with her, never letting her out of his sight... In fact, she probably wouldn't even be able to return home.

However, worst of all was his anger... It wasn't that I was worried about him hurting her, it was everyone else around her that concerned me. As time went by, he had developed a possessive edge to her that not even I could match... And then, he tried to hide this fact by claiming that I was too naive to understand the concept of being 'deeply' in love.

If anything spiked my anger, it was that constant word. Naive. Others are just lucky that I have managed to maintain my sanity... Thanks to (Y/n). Although, if this situation surrounded my opposite, the moment that he saw something like that slap mark across her face a few weeks ago...

He would of killed everyone. Now why would he do this instead of just finding the one responsible? The answer was simple. convenience. If it wasn't one person that he disposed of, then it wasn't a problem because everyone else was next in line!

Yeah. He was a psychopath. 

I could also remember that time where she was grabbed by a drunken man right in front of us... If I thought back on the situation hard enough, I could remember his animalistic snarl which was closely followed by his jealousy. It took me awhile to determine the source of his jealousy until it dawned on me... He was upset because she had spoken to someone else that wasn't us.