F O R T Y - T W O

Her class went on, and she didn't even understand the whole the thing that her professor had said. She was listening, but all of the words were not sinking into her mind, and so she decided to drift off. Her imagination took her place from to another place, which she never really mind it though. But then, her imagination was cut off when she remembered about what Harry is going to tell them later.

When she thought about that, y/n suddenly remembered about her little theory about Moody and her father. She knew that maybe— just maybe, that she was right after all. But then again that includes her father being affiliated with the Dark Lord. And that is one big accusation right there.

She can't imagine to herself that her father was a death eater, but what if it was true? According to her, Proteus was acting a little bit off the last time she saw him. Her father was nice to everyone and that's why she can't bring herself to think that her father, Proteus, is one of the followers of you-know-who.

But what if he's a death eater? Asked the bitter voice. Would you stay with him?

Never in her life that she would asked herself that question. It was a dangerous question. Evil, even. She loves her father so much, but no. No matter you bring this world upside down, she won't be joining him. Not in a million years.

"-okay, that's all for today. Good bye," said the professor. He instantly walked away before the students could possibly crush him on the ground.

She shoved all the things inside her bag and waited for Zacharias to ready all of his stuff. Zacharias was glad that he had a chance to go with y/n today. He was worried the other day when he haven't seen y/n around after the news about Cedric. Now that seeing y/n is now happy and smiling, he knew that everything will be alright.

"You're so slow, you know that?" y/n jokingly said to Zacharias, who just playfully rolled his eyes.

"And what? You're the hare whilst I am the tortoise?"

"Indeed I am, Mister. Now hurry up," she patted his shoulder. Zacharias nodded and grabbed his bag, pulling y/n outside the classroom. Once they were outside, Zacharias decided to walk y/n back to her dorm, but she insisted.

"Oh come on, just this once please?" he pleaded, batting his thick eyelashes. He just wanted to make sure that y/n would be safe when she got there. With Cedric's gone, he suddenly felt a responsibility to stay with y/n all the time. He might not have the last chance to talk with Cedric, but he had a dream about him, he told him that no matter what he'll protect y/n with all cost.

"I can handle myself, really— plus, I need to meet up with Hermione at the library," replied y/n, giving him a sad smile. She wasn't lying, but except for the part when she told him that she can handle herself.

"You sure?"

"One hundred percent sure."

Zacharias squeeze her arm and nodded. Within a second, Zacharias left y/n outside the room. Y/n sighed and made her way to the library. Whilst she was walking, a girl bumped into her, making the girl stumble on her own feet. Y/n didn't saw the face of the girl because her hair was blocking her face, but even though she don't know who this girl was, she helped her.

When y/n reached her out, the girl accepted her hand. As y/n was about to pull her up, she saw the face. And it was no stranger.

"Ew! Don't touch me, you filthy blood traitor!" shouted Pansy.

Being the obedient girl y/n was, she gladly released her hand, making Pansy to sit down once again.

"Hey!" Pansy called out for her.