Chapter 14: Staying Or Going

Your POV

I am still wandering through the zoo until I found the hangar. I took a look around and saw a Ruby Ship. I smiled knowing that's how the gang got here. I left and headed straight for the zoo's engine to check wether it needs maintenance. When I arrived at the engine room, the alarm was on and Peridot's were running around. I saw one Peridot at the corner crying. Then I saw Holly and another Peridot arguing with each other. Must be the manager

Holly: How can you not do your jobs right? This is the 3rd time this week.

Manager: We don't know what, and why this keeps happening. So let us do our job.

I cleared my throat and they both looked at me. They both did the Diamond Salute even though I'm not a Diamond.

Y/N: What's the problem?

Holly: My Pai- I mean Painite, these Peridots are-

Y/N: I'm not asking you Holly. I was asking the manager.

Manager: Well, the engine room keeps malfunctioning and we keep giving it a few virus cleanup for the last few days. But it keeps coming back. We have to check it manually.

Holly: Well if you did your jobs properly we wouldn't have to do thi-

Y/N: HOLLY SHUT IT!!! I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU!!! NOW GET BACK TO WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!! (*sigh*) I'll handle this.

Holly then walked out clearly  feeling dissapointed of what she did.

Y/N: Ok who knows the full layout of of the engine room?

Manager: Well we don't actually memorize the layout. But one of us still did.

Y/N: Who?

Manager: Her.

She then gestured to Peridot crying in the corner. I sighed and slowly walked towards her. She looked at me with fear. I knelt down and talked to her.

Y/N: Hi there, do you know who I am?

???: Y-you're P-P-Painite. The o-one who s-survived the Shatter Dome.

Y/N: I need you to guide me through the engine room. I don't know the layout and you are the only one who memorized it. You in?

???: S-sure.

I stood up and offered my hand to her. She was hesitant at first but took it eventually. For some reason something is troubling her. We both entered the engine room and went inside. There was a lot of pipes wirings and energy sources. Must be the secondary and backup engine. I looked at her and she kept looking down like she did a sin.

We eventually reached the main engine room and we entered. It was dark. As we were walking we heard something run past behind us. We kept going and there it goes again. Eventually I found a switch and turned it on. We looked at the main engine and it was.......covered in a dark substance. Then I looked to see the Peridot I'm with is very scared. Then a loud thud was heard behind us. We both turned around and we saw.........a Class 3 Typhon.

Author: I ain't talking about Prey.

I dragged her behind me and I summoned my gauntlet. The Typhon rushed to us and we immediately moved out of the way. Then I punched it in the stomach but didn't flinch. I kept dodging it's attempt to hit me and at the same time I kept hitting it. Eventually it landed a hit on me. The next thing I knew is that I was on the ground and about to be hit by the Typhon. Suddenly a ball of energy made contact with the Typhon. I saw that the Peridot I'm with shot that. Then I saw the chance. I shifted to my blades and went for the head decapitating it. I breathed heavily and stood up. I checked up on her.