Book 4 ~ Chapter 2

Mako had different clothes on, they were more mature and made him look more professional. He even fixed his hair so that it would only part on one side. Although, the new look was different on him, Lei always told him that she used to like his old hair style, back in the day. Mako wouldn't argue with that, because back then it was easier to manage. He was heading to work, and when he means work, he means babysitting Wu. He felt like he had the same job as Lei, protecting someone important. He would always ask Lei for advice on how to manage a person like Wu, then they'd end up talking about Korra and how much they missed her. Mako arrived at the hotel that Prince Wu was staying at. Sometimes, he hated Lin for giving him this job. He made his way to the elevator and pressed the button that lead him to the top floor where the penthouse suite is. When he arrived, Wu was on the couch looking at some of his clothes.

"What are you doing?" Mako asked curiously, as he entered the open room. Wu looked at him and smiled widely.

"Oh, Hey Mako! I'm just figuring out what I should wear to the opening of the new railway system tomorrow," Wu replied colorfully, as he rummaged through the piles of clothes in search for his green scarf.

"You practically wear the same clothes everyday," Mako pointed out, as he crossed his arms. Wu turned to him and showed him two identical green scarves.

"Do these both look like green to you?" Wu asked, as he showed the two scarves. Mako raised his eyebrow in confusion, seeing as both scarves were green.

"Yes," Mako answered, Wu sighed deeply and shook his head. He held up his left hand with one scarf.

"This scarf is clearly yellow-green while this one is green-yellow," Wu explained, as he held up the other one. Mako furrowed his eyebrows.

"What's the difference? They're both made out of yellow and green?" Mako said heatedly, Wu shook his head and put both the scarves down.

"You don't have the eye of a fashion icon, Mako, you wouldn't understand," Wu sighed, as he left the room to grab more clothes. Mako rubbed the bridge of his nose in frustration. This is what he has to work with.

"Calm down, Mako. Just wait for him to go back to Ba Sing Se and you can go back to being a detective with Lei," Mako sighed.

✨•~~~~~~~•✨

Lei, along with the unit she lead, headed downtown to capture some of the escaped Red Lotus members. They caught most of then after Zaheer's downfall, however, there would be instances where they'd escape just by a second. Lei and her unit had caught most of the escapees in Republic City, but there were still reports of them till now. They arrived in a small dark alley, where the supposed reports of Red Lotus Members. There were about eight people in her unit, she turned around and faced them.

"Alright, let's split into two groups. One group will patrol the area around here, while the second group meet me at the other side of the alley, go around the block and make it quick. I'll go scope through the alley," Lei explained quietly, most of them nodded at her.

"You're going into the alley by yourself, Captain? Do you want some of us to come with you?" one of the officers asked, Lei smiled and shook her head.

"It'll be less suspicious if I go in by myself," Lei said, the officer nodded.

After making two groups, everyone separated into the three ways. Lei entered the alley, covered her face with a hooded cloak, to prevent anyone from recognizing her. There were only a few people in the alley, some passing by, others leaned against the walls talking to others. It was a long alleyway, she walked a couple of meters before coming up to a small bar. She entered it and saw people drinking their hearts out. The place had an odd smell, but Lei dismissed it. As she made her way through tables, she walked around the edges, where there were closed function rooms. She was passing by some of them until she heard an interesting conversation.