Chapter 43

JISOO

You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. – Barbara Hall

When Jennie and Ella came back I saw how different she was. She said she wasn't feeling well and I could tell because she was pale. All these days were hard not only for her but for all of us. I was trying so much not to lose my strength, I was trying to hold us together. We had a child that was under ten, not able to understand in what danger we were and what would happen. I was scared of letting Ella go to school because whoever was behind everything knew us. Knew our schedule, knew where we were leaving. I couldn't bare the thought that something would happen to my little one. So having my own fears I had to deal with Jennie's fears and whatever was happening. Thank God that my dad came and now I felt safer. And staying at the same hotel was even better. They wouldn't find us here.

"Jisoo."

"Hey daddy.. You missed Jennie. She wasn't feeling well."

"I know. I saw her at the elevator. I told her about what we discussed."

"What did she tell you?"

"She is thankful. As I said, I am here. Whatever this is, even if they want money you will come to me."

"I will.."

While I was talking to my dad I turned around to take Ella's hand on mine but she wasn't next to me.

"Ella? Ella? Dad I lost her.. Oh my God.."

"Jisoo, relax. She is somewhere here. Don't panic because it's not going to help. I'll go at the reception."

"I am going to search at the restaurant."

My heart was beating so fast. How can I lost her? What if someone took her? I shouldn't think like that. No, I shouldn't.

"I am sorry. Have you seen a little girl with brown hair and blue eyes? She is about this height.."

"No, I am sorry Ms. I haven't."

Different people, different faces, the same answer 'No, I am sorry'.. Where she was? Jennie.. oh my God. She would go crazy once she would find out.

I was still searching when I heard a little voice calling me 'momma'. I would recognize this voice everywhere. I turned around and I saw her running on my side. I fell on my knees, hugging her, crying on her shoulder.

"Where were you? Don't you ever do that again.. Did you listen to me?"

"Yes, mommy. I am sorry. I just saw a puppy and I followed it and then I got lost. I didn't know where you were. A man saw me crying and I told him I wanted my mommy. That's when I saw you and I run to find you."

"Where is this man baby?"

"He was there." She showed me where that man was. That was to the lobby where we were before I lost her. And the man she was telling me about was nowhere to be found.

"How he looked like?"

"I don't remember momma."

"Don't you ever let my hand again. You heard me? Never. And we won't say anything to mommy. She is already sick. Okay?"

"Okay momma.. I am sorry. I didn't want to scare you." She said ready to cry again. I didn't want to make her cry but she scared the hell out of me.

"Jisoo.. Thank God you found her. I pretty much was ready to tell them to close all the doors. Where were you princess?"

"I saw a puppy grandpa."