Chapter 44

JENNIE

When I read the letter they send us my thoughts were clouded. I didn't know if running was the best solution or staying. Staying so we could find who was behind all this and kill them with my own hands. I didn't know if I should feel completely scared or feel nothing. What is the right emotion? Is there any? I don't know. All I knew was that I wanted my daughter to leave immediately Philadelphia. That's all I knew. Because if anything would happen to her I wouldn't forgive myself. Ever.

"Seunghyun is going to take Ella with him. We are going to be only you and me.. We are together.. It wasn't your fault. This person is crazy Jisoo. Only three people knew where we were. I don't want to think that it was the detectives. He might have followed us. Anything is possible.. But as always you and me stick together.."

"You and me.."

"Will stick together."

And at that moment I realized what I just said. Only three people knew. Was there any chance for this person having help from the inside?

Jisoo called her dad's friend Taeyang and now we needed to wait.

"Mr. Dong? It's Jisoo Kim. They were here.."

Taeyang met us to our room because he didn't want for someone to see him or us talking. And that we did. Seunghyun had Ella with him so the little one wouldn't be here and that made me more calm.

When the door knocked I was the one to open it. Taeyang was a tall guy, in his mid thirties. If you would see him walking on the street you wouldn't think that he is an FBI agent. I guess this was better.

"Jennie Kim I suppose. Taeyang Dong." He gave him his hand to shake. He walked inside the room looking around and then greeted Jisoo just the same. "Seunghyun told me everything but I really want you, both of you, to sit down and tell me everything from the beginning. Jisoo, your father is like a brother to me. I am not doing him a favor. I am here to help you like family. Okay?"

"Yes, Mr. Dong."

"Call me Taeyang."

I don't know why but in my mind I always had these FBI agents to be stern, bad asses, unapproachable. But here he was, listening to everything that Jisoo was telling him, word after word. I felt safe that we had him near us.

"Jennie, you said you found a newspaper and the envelope. Do you still have this newspaper?"

"Yes. I couldn't understand why they had a newspaper."

"For a lot of reasons. This hotel provides free newspapers to each room. So if someone walked by they wouldn't see the envelope but the newspaper."

It was a good thing that I didn't throw away the paper. I handed it to him and he started to reading.

"Do you know what day is today?"

"It's the 15th of March."

"Exactly. This newspaper is six months ago. October the 20th. Also it doesn't have all the pages. But only some."

I had to get up to see what he was saying. How I didn't see it?

"You are right.."

He didn't say anything else. He just continued reading when he stopped to an article. He started to read it loudly.

'Yesterday at the motel Kick a girl was found dead inside her room. The police said that she was murdered and witnesses say that they heard her fighting with her boyfriend Seungri Lee several times. The girl, that couldn't be recognized because she didn't have an ID, was shot on her head. Police investigated Seungri but he was left free because he had an alibi.'