2. Welcome to Beach City

Steven and his friends had led Y/n to what appeared to be a large circular device on the ground. Y/n looked at it closely with intrigue.

"You've never seen a warp pad before?" Y/n hears Steven ask him and he shakes his head.

"I have no memories from before my imprisonment. This is something that either didn't exist before then or I have just forgotten about." Y/n explains.

"You lost your memory?!" Steven says with his hands on his cheeks. "Well don't worry we will help you get it back!" He announces determined.

Y/n bows his head to the side. "That is a most appreciated gesture." He says.

Steven nods and points to the warp pad now. "Well this is the warp pad the Gems use it to travel to other warp pads on the planet." Steven begins to explain.

"Intriguing. The device works as a teleport essentially."Y/n questions.

"Correct." The fusion known as Garnet cuts in.

 Steven hops onto the 'Warp pad' and pats a spot beside him. Y/n obliges and stands next to him.

"Okay now to use the warp pad you jus..." But Steven is interrupted as the Warp pad glows and he and the others shoot upwards.

"Woah your fast Y/n it took me ages to activate the warp pad how'd you do it?" Steven asks but Y/n's eyes are to drawn to the light of the beam they seem to be stuck in it takes him a moment to answer.

"I just thought about the name Beach City. So this warp pad seems to break down the form into light particles and transports them to a new location. How clever." Y/n says reaching his hand out and touching the beam.

"Woah... I didn't know that I just thought it was magic! Did you know that Garnet, Amethyst?" Steven asks them.

"Steven I don't even know what I did yesterday let alone how the warp pad works." Amethyst rubs the back of her head laughing. 

"No Steven I did not. Perhaps Pearl does though, You can ask her when she reforms." Garnet replies.

"Right Pearl..." Steven's mood changes. "Garnet when is Pearl going to reform? Last time it took forever." I hear Steven ask worried.

"She'll reform when she is ready." Is all Garnet says.

"I didn't damage her Gem so she should reform within the next few hours." Y/n informs Steven. 

"Hey a new record! Well for P at least." Amethyst jokes.

The light stream soon end and The gems appear to have moved to a small enclosed rural location.

"This is the Temple!" Steven says happily. "It's home for us gems and for you too now." 

Y/n looks around at all the new strange objects in his vision. A pair of stairs that appear to lead to another level draw Y/n in.  He slowly walks up them to see what appears to be a large rectangle in front of him. 

"What is this contraption for?" Y/n asks confused.

"Oh that's my bed." Steven says with a smile. 

"What is a 'Bed'? Define it's purpose." Y/n asks him. 

"Well humans need sleep. So we have these beds to lie down on and be as comfortable as possible."  Steven tries to explain but Y/n just looks down at him.