13. Gifts of the Holy Spirit

The gifts of the Holy Spirit are unique skills and abilities given faithful followers of Christ.

Some gifts of the Holy Spirit include:

Wisdom: the gift to make choices and give leadership that is according to God's will.

Knowledge: the gift to trust God and inspire others to trust God, no matter the conditions.

Healing: the gift to use God's healing power to cure a person who is ill, wounded or suffering.

Miracles: the gift to display signs and miracles that give credibility to God's Word and the Gospel message.

Prophesy:
the gift to declare a message from God.

Discerning Spirits: the gift to recognize whether or not something is truly from God or in accordance with righteousness.

Speaking In Tongues: the gift to communicate in a foreign language that you do not have experience with, in order to converse with those who speak that language. This might sound like gibberish to you, but the Holy Spirit interprets to others. Two different people in the same room might hear two different languages when someone speaks in tongues.

Interpreting Tongues: the gift to interpret the speech and writings of a different language and translate it back to others in your own.

Administration - the gift to keep things ordered and in agreement with God's principles.

Helps - the gift of a desire and capacity to always help others, to do whatever it takes to get a task achieved.

Bible Source:

Luke 11:13 "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?"

Acts 2:38-39 "Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. " For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself."