Chapter 49

"You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus taunts as we hike up the mountain towards his pack. Stefan is carrying Ray over his shoulders since he is still dead from me snapping his neck. Poor Stef, always getting the shitty job. 

"I'm fine." Stefan replies stiffly.

"You sure about that, I mean we've been walking for some time now...if you need some water, or a little sit down." Klaus teases, a small smirk on his face.

"You know I get that we are stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chit chat. That would be great." Stefan gives him a tight smile, trying not to glare at the hybrid douche. 

"Oh quit your brooding Stefan. I can practically smell your self loathing." I sigh, walking backwards now to face the boys that I was ahead of. HAHA, I was ahead of them. Beat that.

"Maybe I'm just tired of hunting werewolves, we've been at it all summer." Stefan glares, Klaus and I both sharing the end of it. Ouch.

"Well, thanks to Ray, we've found ourselves a pack." I say, stopping and looking at all the werewolves in the clearing. They are all chatting and packing away there tents and shit. 

Klaus walks right into the clearing, gaining everyone's attention. The werewolves gather together, glaring at us suspiciously. Stefan throws Ray to the ground. 

"Ray!" a girl cries, running over to him. She lifts his head in her lap, feeling for a pulse. "What's going on?" she whispers, another guy joining the girl now. The girl glares at us, "Who are you?"

"The important question is, who am I?" Klaus smirks, always wanting to be the center of attention. "Sorry for the intrusion, my name is Klaus."

Fear instantly takes over all there faces, the girl slowly standing up, taking a few steps away from us. "You're the hybrid." she states. 

"You've heard of me." Klaus grins, "Fantastic."

"God, you have such a big ego." I sigh, going over and taking a seat on a large boulder. I flip my hair away from my face, catching the eye of one of the werewolf guys. I wink at him, giving him a small smirk. He's cute enough to flirt with. 

"Stop flirting Aria." Stefan commands, taking a seat next to me. Klaus takes a seat on the other side of me, stretching out. 

"I'm just having fun." I mutter, causing Stefan to give me a disapproving look. Jesus, he's supposed to be fun these days. 

"It's fascinating actually, a werewolf who isn't a slave to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid." Klaus smirks, bringing the subject back to hybrids. Ray gasps, his body convulsing, before he opens his eyes. "Excellent timing Ray, very dramatic." 

"What's happing to me?" Ray demands. God, we already explained it dumbass, you're becoming a hybrid.

"Aria?" Klaus asks, nodding at me. 

I stand up, looking around the pack of werewolves. "Are any of you human?" When no one makes a move, I sigh. "Your friend here needs human blood, he's in transition to become a vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die." I warn, hoping some miserable person cares enough about him to save him. 

"It doesn't take much, just a sip." Klaus points out, that smirk still glued to his handsome face. I mean ugly face. Right...?  "Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend? Just along for the ride?" Klaus questions, his head snapping towards the guy next to the girl. "You." he speeds over to the guy, biting into the humans wrist.

Klaus throws the guy to me and I easily take him down to the ground, my hand pinned around the guys throat. I force his arm out, holding it in front of Ray. "Either you drink, or I drink. Problem is, I don't give a shit about this guy so I will kill him." I threaten, hearing Klaus restraining his girlfriend by the sounds of it. Stefan is just watching amused like he does all the time.