25 | pray for the wicked

| meliorism |
chapter twenty-five
❝ masquerade

| meliorism |chapter twenty-five❝ masquerade ❞

  ҉  ҉  ҉

    There was something weird about the middle part in life. You were not at the top or the bottom, you were in the middle, stuck between two worlds. There is a point in your life when you realize you're either escalating or descending. Right now, Rhena was stuck in the middle, but she didn't know whether to descend or escalate, the tricky part was that neither of them were the right path.

    The Mascarade Ball was something she usually enjoyed, but not this one. It felt strange thinking about it, so she decided not to attend. Her family wasn't going, so why would she.

    Despite not attending, she still was scheduled to help get everything get ready. A couple of hours of community service never hurt, so she was taking out decorations and fixing them before being hang up by her classmates. She was so focused on her work, that she didn't see the look Tyler and Matt were giving her.

    "what's up with you?" Tyler's voice rang near her, causing her to flinch at the sudden sound, but hid it. Matt analyzed her face, trying to look for an answer.

    "nothing, I'm good" she shrugs, not meeting his eyes as she displayed the decorations in front of her, carefully placing them in order.

"you have that look again" Tyler muttered, looking down at his work before going back to looking at her.

    "what look?" she frowned, now looking up between the two with her eyebrow raised.

"the look you make when something is bothering you" Tyler raised his eyebrows at her, knowing he was right.

   Rhena scoffed "I think you have spent too much time with me"

"your right, let's not talk for a few months to see if that changes everything" Tyler raised his eyebrows with a sly smile in his face and she shook her head, going back to her work.

"you guys are weird" Matt shook his head as he ignored the offended looks the both of them were giving him.

   Perhaps Tyler was right, something was bothering her. The whole day, she couldn't shake the feeling that she was supposed to do something, but couldn't remember what it was. It bothered her to no end, and no matter how many times she tried to figure it out or to try and remember, she couldn't. It was at the top of her tongue, yet so deep in her mind.