0.5

*

*

Heavy pants fell out of Ana's mouth as she jogged beside Christina and Tris. The three were near the back of the group, not really caring about how fast they were running. It was their second official day of training. Yesterday they had really only been shown the punching bags and shown how to properly use them.

Now, they were jogging with Four around the Dauntless compound. They had barely woken up an hour ago and Ana was already ready to crawl back in bed. She hated being woken up before the sun was even up.

Their group slowed to a stop as they exited the compound. Four gathered them around, pointing at a group of people near the faction. Ana looked at Four with lowered eyebrows, wondering why he was showing them these people.

"Factionless." He began. "Not doing anything."

Ana felt an arm drape around her shoulder, sneering when she saw it was Peter. He had an ugly smirk on his face as he addressed her and Tris. "Check it out you two. That's gonna be your new family."

"Fuck off Peter." Ana nudged his arm off of her, harshly. "Neither of us will be living with the factionless. Can't say the same for you, though."

She smiled at him mockingly, causing the boy's face to turn red. He jabbed a finger at her, ready to tell her off when Four called for them to continue running. "We'll see about that pansycake."

Ana rolled her eyes at the nickname, waiting for Peter to jog in front of her before she followed. Tris bumped her with her elbow as they ran, shooting her a smile when Ana looked at her. "You really piss him off, you know?"

"He pisses me off." Ana grumbled. "I'm not a pansycake."

"Not anymore." Christina snickered beside her.

Ana ignored the ex-Candor, instead pushing herself to run faster so she wasn't beside them anymore. Their comments had upset her more than she cared to admit. She wasn't Amity anymore - truthfully she had never felt like an Amity. She was going to be Dauntless - it shouldn't have mattered what faction she came from.

When they reached the training room, Ana rested her hands on her knees, drawing in deep breaths as she did so. Her blonde hair was tied back in a pony tail, but small strands still stuck to her sweaty forehead. Al stood beside her, hands behind his head as he tried to catch his breath as well. "I think they're trying to kill us."

Ana laughed. "Not yet, they aren't."

"Okay." Four spoke loudly. "Next, we're going to be working on your physical strength. For the physical stage, you will have to fight each other. You want to be ready for that. Remember what we told you yesterday about the punching bags. You may begin."

Al and Ana found bags close to each other before they began. Ana watched as Al started to strike the bag, taking note of his form as he swung. She widened her stance and raised her hands to her face before she hit the bag. Her face turned red when the bag didn't move.