Chapter 2 - Before the storm

Chapter 2

Today was the day. Me and Ben were leaving to train with uncle Luke and I will admit - I'm more excited than I think I ever have been.

Ben on the other hand, was not. He had locked himself in his state of a room whenever he wasn't eating or working out in the gym. But dad was right, he did come to my room and apologise. Continuously. For hours. I was the one who had to push the other out of my room and not the other way round like it normally is.

I hear a knock as I finish putting on my robes that were sent over by Luke to our home in Naboo. "Yeah?" I respond to the knock.

"Can I come in?" my dad asks through the metal door, making his voice slightly muffled but still recognisable.

"Sure, come in," he enters hesitantly with his hands over his eyes. "What are you doing?" I giggle at my father as he stumbles around.

"Isn't it a-a thing? Like in a wedding when you can't see the bride before they get married?" he questions, making me laugh. "I'm taking that as a no,"

He uncovers his eyes and checks me over before placing his hand over his mouth. "Your mother is going to sob when she sees you I can already tell," he laughs as he kneels down to my height. "You're so grown up, tiger,"

"Shut up dad!" I feel a blush rising to my cheeks as I hide behind a stern face.

"What? Am I not allowed to feel proud of my only baby girl?" he acts offended with his arms crossed over his chest but laughs before extending his arms out. "Come here kiddo,"

I run into an embrace with him, temporarily taking the air out of his lungs. "I'll miss you dad,"

"And I'll miss you too, peanut. You'll be back before you can say Jedi master,"

"But dad, to become a Jedi master I have to successfully train my own padawan and i'm only 12," I retort with a smirk as I look up at him. He rolls his eyes in response but smiles and strokes my cheek kindly.

"Ok you smartass, let's get downstairs before your mother tears out her hair with your brother being a nuisance," I nod to him and we walk down to a chorus of loud voices could be heard. "Told you,"

"Ben, seriously go get dressed or else I will shave your head and I know how much you love your hair," Mom threatens making me and Dad burst out laughing. She turns to us where we are stood in the doorway, upon seeing me in my robes her eyes begin to gloss over. "Oh my goodness, Y/N! You look so beautiful!"

"Told you she would cry," dad makes me laugh as mom scolds him with just a look, making him retreat slightly.

This is the moment I notice Ben give me a glare of anger before he silently storms out to get changed out of his everyday clothes and into his Jedi robes from Luke as well. "Ignore him, he's still in a mood," Mom rolls her eyes and stares at me for a little longer before pulling me in for a tight hug, not allowing my arms to move at the sides. "Why do you have to grow up so fast?"

"Because that's how time works, mom," I giggle slightly as my dad snickers from behind me.

"I'm going to miss you being my rock in this household, Y/N. Now I have to deal with your Dad's mood swings all by myself,"

"Hey!" Dad scoffs with an offended tone as he shakes his head. Mom doesn't respond,she only holds me tighter.

"Um, Mom?" I strain from lack of air. "You're killing me,"

She quickly comes back to reality and loosens her grip on me. "Sorry baby, I just don't know if I'm ready to let you go so soon,"

"I'll still be with uncle Luke who you know will protect both of us from anything," I remind her as she nods.