•18•

"Want to talk about it?" My mum asks, walking into the living room where I'm spaced out staring at a wall.
"About what Mum?" I ask.
"You know what I'm talking about" she sighs, sitting down next to me.
"I really don't" I say.
"You really like her.. but she's with that guy" she says.
"You're wrong" I shake my head. "Really really wrong."
"Sweetheart you love her. Anyone can see that"
"I really don't, promise" I say.
"Sadly both you and Haz, I get it. She's a great young lady, but you both have to realize that she's with someone and move on"
"What about Haz?" I ask.
"Son, you are oblivious" she laughs lightly. "Maybe you just started falling for her, but Haz has been head over heels for Elle since day one"
"Why did this happen?" I mumble, keeping my eyes trained on the wall.
"No one expects to fall in love.. it just happens" she says.
"Yeah, with a girl I can't have.. and who's also the girl my best mate is into" I say.
"Move on Tom.. because the longer you sit in this, the harder it will be" she says, and leaves.
She's right, Elle was never mine to begin with. Move on while I can. Move on while it's still puppy love because with her? I'm going to fall too deep.
And as if on cue, my phone dings.
Unknown: hey Tom, it's rose from the benefit the other night. got your number from Daniel. Hope that's okay x
Hello distraction.

•Elle's pov•
I sit with Daniel and his friends in his room, they're all taking turns trying to play different songs, and honestly I couldn't be more bored. Don't get me wrong, their playing is beautiful but it gets old.
"Let me try" I say to Daniel and he laughs.
"Promise it won't sound good" he says.
"Just sit there and look pretty, that's basically what you do isn't it?" Kody says.
They continue to play and I pull out my phone and go into the group chat.
Elle: someone call with an emergency. Pronto. I need out of here.
Baylee: spend time with your boyfriend Elle😂
Harry: what happened?
Sam: can we say your cat died?
Elle: I don't have a cat.
Haz: on it.
My phone starts ringing.
"Hello?"
"Oh my god! Elle! My pet chinchilla died!" Haz fake cries into the phone and I have to keep myself from laughing. So. Hard.
"Oh no! I'll be there soon hold on" I say and hang up.
"What happened?" Daniel asks worriedly.
"Haz's chinchilla died" I say and he looks extremely confused.
"Haz has a chinchilla?" He asks. Not the fucking point right now Daniel.
"Well not anymore" I mumble. "I really have to go"
"Okay, I'll see you later"
I quickly make my way out to my car and drive to Harrisons. Anger fuels in me. Sit there and look pretty? Fuck that. I'm not a fucking painting.
"You saved me!" I call out as I walk in.
"What can I say? I'm amazing" he laughs. "I'm really bummed about my chinchilla though"
"Your poor imaginary chinchilla." I say.
"So what went so wrong?" Haz asks.
"Kody said all I do is sit around a look pretty" I say, letting my body plop onto the couch next to him.
"Alright I'm gunna fucking kill him" Haz says.
"Haz stop" I say.
"I'm so fucking sick of sitting around and watching his friends treat you like shit and belittle you. He should be standing up for you, and protecting you."
"It's fine Haz, it'll pass" I say.
"But you should be with someone who's a good fit for you" he says.
"I'm starting to think no one is" I mumble.
"Me." He states and I look up at him.
"What?"
"Me. You and I. Elle.."
"Haz stop" I shake my head.
"We belong together Elle" he says.
I stop a moment to take a breath and gather my thoughts. What is going on? How can Haz suddenly just pop this on me? While I'm in a relationship?
"We tried something, and it ended in you saying you just wanted to fuck me, then running to your ex" I say.
"I'm a stupid boy Elle, I just said that so Tom would leave it alone. I got with brook because I thought if I could make you jealous you'd want me.." he admits and my eyes widen.
"Haz..." I start.
"Don't be with him.. he's bad for you Elle. I'm not. I'll be there for you and make you feel like the perfect girl you are, I'll never let anyone make you feel less than. Please give us a chance" he says, grabbing my hand in his.
"I can't Haz" I say.
"Why?" He asks. "Don't you see? We're perfect for each other! I'll never hurt you Elle.. you mean the world to me-"
"Because I like Tom!" I blurt out without thinking and he looks taken aback. He drops my hand and his eyes widen.
"You- what?" He says confused.
"I- I like Tom.." I say in a softer tone.
"Oh.." was all he said before looking away.
"Haz I-"
"Maybe you should go" he says.
"Haz please, we-"
"See you tomorrow"
I grab my things and get in my car. Fuck! Why do I manage to fuck up every friendship I have...the only person I can think to drive to at this point is Tom..
so that's where I go.
I show up and knock on the front door, waiting for him to answer. No ones cars are here except his, must be in his room and can't hear me. I walk in, since I've done this several times before it's not even weird at this point. Not to mention if I don't see a friend quickly I'm going to loose my shit.
I make my way up the stairs and to his bedroom.
"Tom the worst thing just happened-" I start but freeze in my spot when I open the door. My body goes cold and I feel a sharp pain in my chest.
"Shit Elle what are you doing here?" He says, pulling his blanket over him and some girl.
"I- I'm sorry" I say, quickly running down the stairs and out of the house.
Jesus Christ what did I just walk in on. I feel a tear trickle down my cheek and quickly wipe it away. I can't be upset about this. I'm in a relationship. I'm in a relationship with an amazing guy who doesn't deserve to have his girlfriend crying over another boy.
But fuck, the tears are falling, and I feel like I'm falling right along with them.