Chapter 10 - Sports Festival

"You're actually going to close the cafe tomorrow?" Aizawa asked.

"Yeah, it's the Sports Festival, and Kacchan's going to be fighting. I honestly can't wait." Midoriya grinned, placing a bwol of soup on Aizawa's table.

The 1-A students had already left the cafe at that point, and Bakugou had gone home for dinner; the UA teachers usually hung around to eat at the cafe before leaving.

"But, more people would come to your cafe on the Sports Festival." Yamada pointed out.

"Yeah, that doesn't really matter." Midoriya laughed, before sticking out his tongue, "Plus, I want to see if Kacchan had actually listened to me."

"On... what?" Kayama asked curiously. Midoriya merely grinned, "Not telling."

"Well... that makes things easier, I guess." Aizawa sighed, "Nezu actually invited you, Eri, Kota, and Dabi to come watch. He told me to come tell you, right before I left the school."

"Really?" Midoriya raised an eyebrow, "Well, in that case, I better not disappoint him."

"He must have really taken a liking to you if he's ready to give you VIP invitations to watch the Sports Festival after meeting you only once." Ectoplasm mused.

Midoriya just shrugged, walking to the oven to pull out two sandwiches, "Don't ask me about it. If he wants me to go, I'll just go."

He placed the sandwiches in front of Snipe and Ectoplasm, before going back to the counter to fix up his own dinner. Eri and Kota had already eaten earlier; they were upstairs, finishing up some online assignments, with Dabi's supervision.

"Well, I'll find you at the stadium." Aizawa sighed, "Otherwise it would be a hassle for you to explain to the guards that you're in the VIP section."

------------------------

"So, you ready, Kacchan?" Midoriya asked, and Bakugou laughed, "Obviously! I'll beat all those suckers!"

Midoriya rolled his eyes, "You are aware that one of your problems is overconfidence, right?"

"I have a healthy amount of confidence, I'd have you know!" Bakugou snarled, "But I'm still going to win, so shut up!"

Dabi shook his head; how on earth did Midoriya deal with Bakugou's attitude for so long? Eri and Kota had told him how Bakugou's attitude had improved over the years, so how bad was it before!? Eri and Kota were too busy laughing at Dabi's dumbfounded expression.

"Ah! Izuku! Bakugou!" They heard a familiar female voice, and Uraraka ran up to them, "I'm so excited! This is like, the one of the most popular events going on right now! Aizawa-sensei even said that it replaced the Olympics! Oh, hi, Iida!"

The blue haired boy who was waiting for the traffic light turned, and smiled at the group, "Hello there, Izuku, Uraraka, Bakugou, Eri, Kota, Dabi -"

"You don't have to list out all our names, you know..." Dabi sweatdropped, as Iida straightened out and chopped his hands around, "Greeting everyone individually is polite, and everyone knows that they are being addressed!"

"Shut the f-..." Bakugou blinked, as Midoriya eyed him out of the corner of his eye as he ruffled Kota's hair, "Shut up, Glasses!"

Iida blinked.

"You didn't swear? I know that swearing isn't the explementary behavior for a student attending a prestigious school like UA, but you actually stopped yourself from swearing?" Iida asked, confused, "Bakugou, are you okay? You're not sick, are you?"

"I'm fine! Shut up!" Bakugou snapped, "I can't swear around the kids!"

Iida nodded, "I agree! Young children should not be within earshot of such nasty, foul language! I applaud you, Bakugou."