Nineteen

**The result from the dress selection is below—I will be using the second highest dress for a later chapter so there's still a chance your dress selection will be used!!**

Ahsha

"How did the dress fitting go?" Malik asked as we sat on the couch. "It fits amazing." I smiled. He looked at me curiously. "Do I get to have a sneak peek?" He asked turning towards me with a bright smile. "Nope, you'll just have to be surprised," I told him sweetly. "Wow." He said shaking his head before he sighed. "So, because the two of you made up you want to hog her to yourself?" Malik questioned. I watched quietly as he argued with Ares. "And who's fault was that?" Malik questioned. I watched worried as Malik held his head groaning. "She's all mine tomorrow," Malik said.

I watched as Ares took control. Ares turned and looked at me with his annoying yet undeniably cute smirk. "Hello, gorgeous." He said smiling as he crawled hovering over me. He pecked my lips before he pressed his entire weight on me resting his head in the crook of my neck. I couldn't do anything but laugh. "You know every day you turn more and more into a baby." I laughed harder. "Well, I like having your arms around me." He said with a shrug. "You do?" I asked. "Yeah. Your touch does something to me that I truly can't explain." He continued as he snuggled closer to me. I was speechless at his words. I never would have thought I had that much of an effect on him.

"Can I ask you something?" I mused lightly scratching the nape of his neck. "Hmmm." He hummed. "This party?" I paused gaining his full attention as he sat up pulling me onto his lap. "Are there any surprises I should expect?" I asked. Ares tilted his head looking at me curiously. "I just mean at the blood moon—" "Nothing like that will happen at his party," Ares said cupping my face. "But—" He paused. "But what?" I asked.

Ares

"But what?" She asked wide-eyed. "Malik and I are royals." I trailed. "Yeah so?" She asked. "Technically that comes with a crown," I said bracing myself for her to panic. "A crown? What crown?" She whispered. "Remember I told you there are five royal families?" I asked her. She nodded her head. "We're called the royal council. The Lavallette's from France, the Pereira's from Spain, the Spencer's from America, the Oyeyemi's of Africa, and lastly the Ahmad's of Dubai." I told her. She nodded her head listening intently.

"Within the royal council, there is one family who rules over it thus making them the rulers everything," I explained before a look of terror washed over her face. "Because of who my family is and the fact that the Oyeyemi's don't partake in any royal matters we're in charge," I stated plainly. "The Oyeyemi's are the direct descendants of the most high, they are far more powerful than any of us. Because of their connection with the ancestors, no one really messes with them." I said before she punched me in the arm. "What was that for?" I asked her with a chuckle. "Why didn't you tell me this when we were talking about your family. All you said was that your family are royals. Not that you motherfuckers were royalty-royalty, literal fucking kings and queens." She said now standing I sat watching amused as she mumbled to herself. I chuckled at the sight. "This is not funny." She said.

"Come here?" I asked holding my arms open for her. She pouted before sitting on my lap as I wrapped my arms around her. "Talk to me," I asked her. "I don't want to be a queen." She said. "It's really only a title. I wouldn't ask you to do anything that made you uncomfortable." I explained. "This isn't a wedding in disguise?" She asked quietly. "No, we wouldn't spring something like that on you," I explained. "So what should I expect at this party?" She questioned. "I promise it's just a party. Nothing more." I told her.

"Now I don't know what our mothers have planned for the birthday aspect, so that's all up to them if they mess up." I joked trying to pull a smile from her.