We'll Always Be Together || Poe X Reader

**A/N: This idea started as something and then evolved into a mess. Figured I'd still publish because why not? Enjoy, I guess?**

*
*
*
*
*

Pain was everywhere. There was no escaping it.

Why the heck does being a female have to be so painful?!

And EVERY MONTH, too?!

You groan as you roll onto your side, a hot water bottle that you had got up to get at around 2 AM clutched to your lower abdomen, your lidded eyes glaring at the digital clock beside your bed.

It reads 5:00 AM.

Time to get up.

Groaning once more, you force yourself to push your bare feet against the cold floor and make your way to a sitting up position.

Your head begins to spin as you draw yourself to full height, the blood rushing away from your head in an instant.

"Whoa..." You mutter to yourself, steadying yourself using your free hand which was now grabbing a nearby bookshelf.

You stand there, head spinning, one hand wrapped over your abdomen keeping the water bottle in place, the other pressed firmly against the side of the shelf, keeping you from falling flat on your face.

I'm a mess... This sucks...

It wasn't unusual for you to feel this way at least once every month, especially on your first few days, which just so happened to be where you were now, feeling the way you do currently.

Usually, you would have given your squadron Commander a heads up that you weren't available to fly for a few days, accompanied with a Doctor's note, but this time around, you hadn't had time.

So, that leaves you with one looming question, poking through your rather foggy headspace.

How do I get out of this one?

Slowly, you pull your hand away from the shelf, feeling like your body will support your weight again and stumble towards the small kitchenette in your quarters.

The search for the smallest object ever had begun. Again.

"I put them in this cupboard last time!" You snarl, the pain beginning to flare up again, causing you to slam the hot water bottle that you had been carrying around onto the counter beside you, now cold. "They've got to be around here somewhere."

It's just a pill bottle with prescribed pain killers! What's so hard to find about that?

The pain getting worse now, you tear through the drawers, the cupboards... You were desperate now for some sort of reprieve. Anywhere the bottle of pills might be, you upturn.

Only to come up empty handed.

"Where are they, damn it!" You curse, beginning to sob like a child, doubling over as a sudden cramp takes you by storm.

"For frig sakes!"

Just as you're about to give up and crawl back in bed, figuring your best bet was to just ride out the pain, through your blurry vision, you spot the small turquoise pill bottle.

It had been sitting off to the side on the counter the entire time.

"Are you serious?!" You laugh manically, tears still streaming down your face as you open the bottle and hastily down a pill, not even thinking about upping your prescribed dosage.

The last thing I need is to drop dead. There's a war on. I'm needed.

As the pill begins it's work, you feel the agony from earlier subside, allowing you to slowly get ready for your day ahead.