True Smile

Uraraka and Izuku were quietly eating their lunch. The silence was grinding on her nerves as she keeps glancing at him hoping for a conversation to spark. She did consider making other friends, the other classmates seem nice but they were mostly keeping to themselves.

"If you want to get to know each other I don't mind starting," Uraraka said.

Izuku stopped eating and glanced at her. Was she someone who couldn't enjoy silence? Submitting to the girl's whims he motioned for her to continue.

"Why do you want to be a hero? My goal is money."

"That's sure honest, most heroes enjoy the fame and fortune even if they give other reasons."

"I grew up poor. My parents own a very small construction company, so when I got my quirk I eagerly offered to help. They refused, no matter how I argued they didn't want anything to interfere with any dreams I may have."

To most people, this may have been a sad but heartwarming moment but Izuku found it to sound odd.

"So your parents didn't want to interfere with your happiness, even though helping them would make you happy. So you're going endanger your life becoming a hero to help your parents live an easier life."

"It sounds silly when you put it like that, but maybe there is a greater joy to be found as a hero. Why do you want to be a hero?"

Izuku almost flinched at this question, a generic answer like helping people wouldn't fit his personality. He was grateful it was naive Uraraka asking and not someone else.

"I'm becoming a hero to fulfill the expectations placed upon me."

"You come from a family of heroes?" Uraraka asked immediately jumping to conclusions.

"No, my family is dead."

This cold emotionless statement nearly broke Uraraka's heart. How could someone talk about death like that, especially when it's their own family?

Uraraka didn't say a word as Izuku continued. "The person I'm staying with now expects great things from me and I don't want to disappoint him."

Uraraka could only nod her head understanding Izuku a bit more. She didn't know what to do, after learning about his parents what could she do. Uraraka still believed that Izuku needed a friend, but realized how hard it would be to get through to him.

The day finally ended, the last few periods of the day were always dedicated to hero training which was Izuku's least favorite. Before the end of the day, Shimura the homeroom teacher gathered all the students.

"As you know the Sports Festival is coming up, it will also lead up to students being temporary sidekicks to pro-heroes. Work hard and do your best, and Izuku since you were the top-rated student you will have to give a speech so please prepare. That's all."

As the students began to disperse Izuku thought about the Sports Festival. A gathering of many pro heroes to look at the students from the top school. A place with so many heroes that the patrols are a formality. Its only objective is to keep civilians under control since no villain would be foolish enough to attack a place like that. 

"Sounds fun," Izuku said out loud with a smile.

"You won't get first this time, I'll be number one!" Bakugo who was nearby shouts.

Izuku only shrugged and walked away from Bakugo not wanting to deal with the loud boy. Bakugo continued shouting at Izuku who only brushed him off.

On the way to the station, Izuku thought he heard someone call him and turned around. What he saw was a student with white hair and blue eyes. Her eyes look into his for a moment but when he blinks she was gone and instead he sees a white-haired boy with a scar over his left eye walking up to him. 

"Hello, Izuku."

"Hey Todoroki," Izuku glances back in the direction of the school not seeing the girl and thought his mind was playing tricks on him. Izuku then glances back at Todoroki noticing how different he looks.

Without the fire quirk, Todoroki seemed to of gotten a bit paler and his hair became completely white. Izuku knew the effects people had when they had a quirk added or removed so this wasn't too surprising for him. They didn't say too much to each other as they got on different trains heading home.

"He's back," Kurogiri said watching Izuku enter the bar.

"Good, Izuku we need to talk," All for One stated sounding almost unhappy. "You've been spending a while at this school now so I am sure you already figured out everyone's quirks. Why haven't you organized any attack? The minor villains we gathered are getting restless."

Izuku set down his bag almost uninterested and sighed. "If they're that unhappy I'll just kill a few, that should get them back in line. Besides those villains would be wiped out by half of the students in my class, and All Might sometimes doesn't show so the Nomu could be pointless."

"Doing nothing isn't an option either. The more time goes by the harder it could be to establish the League of Villains." 

"If we just need to establish ourselves then we need a grand entrance, and what could be grander then the Sports Festival."

"That event has many pro-heroes, it'll be an easy place to infiltrate with Kurogiri's quirk but even the Nomu will be defeated. It's not an objective we can accomplish with force. "

Izuku only smiles "With so many heroes and so many quirks I'll find one that will turn the entire event upside down, just tell them to be ready."